Inder wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 5:40pm
Wolter wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 7:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 5:18pm
Heston wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 4:48pm
Four votes for In My Life to one for Happiness is a Warm Gun? Really? I mean really?
I'll say this: your hectoring against this song has led me to return to it in the past week, and I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. It's a fantastic preview of Lennon moving away from stereotypical Beatlesque songs to stuff that is odder in construction and performance. It's like the best of his early post-Beatles records.

(That said, I appreciate more the sincerity of In My Life, but at this point in the game it really is to each their own.)
We've long passed the point where there are bad songs on this list, no matter how insane Heston is.

EDIT: That being said, there's no reason to vote for "In My Life" when you can knock off a presumptive winner that presumes a little too much in my opinion...
I think my strategy (in order) will be

In My Life
SFF
AHDN
Revolution
Happiness
ADITL
SLY
When people can vote out In My Life over Happiness Is a Warm Gun, anything can happen. I've realised I'm not the lunatic in this asylum.
Oh no, don't worry, you're still chief lunatic. There are others, yes, but you're still the gold standard of loco opinions.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Final Round 8

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 7:13pm
Heston wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 7:11pm
Inder wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 5:18pm

I'll say this: your hectoring against this song has led me to return to it in the past week, and I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. It's a fantastic preview of Lennon moving away from stereotypical Beatlesque songs to stuff that is odder in construction and performance. It's like the best of his early post-Beatles records.

(That said, I appreciate more the sincerity of In My Life, but at this point in the game it really is to each their own.)
We've long passed the point where there are bad songs on this list, no matter how insane Heston is.

EDIT: That being said, there's no reason to vote for "In My Life" when you can knock off a presumptive winner that presumes a little too much in my opinion...

In My Life
SFF
AHDN
Revolution
Happiness
ADITL
SLY
When people can vote out In My Life over Happiness Is a Warm Gun, anything can happen. I've realised I'm not the lunatic in this asylum.
Oh no, don't worry, you're still chief lunatic. There are others, yes, but you're still the gold standard of loco opinions.
Is this an internet board or Shutter Island, it's hard to tell.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 7:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Inder wrote:
Wolter wrote:

In My Life
SFF
AHDN
Revolution
Happiness
ADITL
SLY
That you're unsure where you are is evidence of your mental imbalance.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 7:20pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Inder wrote:

In My Life
SFF
AHDN
Revolution
Happiness
ADITL
SLY
You sound like my psychiatrist.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 7:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

You sound like my mom.
Interesting.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 7:32pm
Heston wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 7:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You sound like my mom.
Interesting.
I'm just betting this is the only board in the world that would elevate Warm Gun above In My Life. It's insane.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 7:42pm
I'm just betting this is the only board in the world that would elevate Warm Gun above In My Life. It's insane.
Not my ranked choice, but on the other hand it shouldn't be a strike against the group for being unconventional. I expect TNK to get the boot in the next round or the one after, but I will raise an eyebrow if SFF doesn't make the final 3.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

in my heart, i want a TNK vs HiaWG finale, which almost certainly won't happen, but I'm happy to try.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 10:11pm
in my heart, i want a TNK vs HiaWG finale, which almost certainly won't happen, but I'm happy to try.
Do we really want Heston's suicide on our hands?

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 5:42am
Flex wrote:
Yes, that would finish me off.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 5:56am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 5:42am
Flex wrote:
Yes, that would finish me off.
Don't worry, it won't happen. When you go, my hands will be around your throat.