Final Round 8

Post by WestwayKid »

Thank god the end is in sight...I'm running out of steam on this poll :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Final Round 8

Post by Sparky »

Harder and harder, but I voted "Tomorrow Never Knows" off. It's definitely a new direction for the band at that time, but for my ears, it's not something I want to hear over and over again like some of their others.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Sparky wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 12:55pm
Harder and harder, but I voted "Tomorrow Never Knows" off. It's definitely a new direction for the band at that time, but for my ears, it's not something I want to hear over and over again like some of their others.
It will be next for me, then Revolution, but for now I'm sticking with Warm Gun.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sigh. We are officially in the Sophie's Choice part of the game, where all votes pretty much suck. I picked A Hard Day's Night only because, shit, I dunno. I prefer mid and late period Beatles to early, and I dig SLY more than AHDN.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

About time to turn on my inner Heston in reverse and start voting off SFF, which is ok, but needs to be taken down a peg by you fucking nerds.

(Every song left is good)
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 1:22pm
About time to turn on my inner Heston in reverse and start voting off SFF, which is ok, but needs to be taken down a peg by you fucking nerds.

(Every song left is good)
Everyone needs to crucify their inner Heston lest it become an outer Heston.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

i might start voting strategically here to protect some upper echelon songs in my book.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Flex wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 1:58pm
i might start voting strategically here to protect some upper echelon songs in my book.
I have been doing that with In My Life for the past few rounds.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Changing my vote to Tomorrow Never Knows, had it and Revolution on earlier and it's just not my bag.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Four votes for In My Life to one for Happiness is a Warm Gun? Really? I mean really?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 4:48pm
Four votes for In My Life to one for Happiness is a Warm Gun? Really? I mean really?
I do like Gun a lot though I'm also scratching my head at this. In My Life is such a beauty of a song.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
I'll say this: your hectoring against this song has led me to return to it in the past week, and I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. It's a fantastic preview of Lennon moving away from stereotypical Beatlesque songs to stuff that is odder in construction and performance. It's like the best of his early post-Beatles records.

(That said, I appreciate more the sincerity of In My Life, but at this point in the game it really is to each their own.)

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 5:18pm
Heston wrote:
I'll say this: your hectoring against this song has led me to return to it in the past week, and I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. It's a fantastic preview of Lennon moving away from stereotypical Beatlesque songs to stuff that is odder in construction and performance. It's like the best of his early post-Beatles records.

(That said, I appreciate more the sincerity of In My Life, but at this point in the game it really is to each their own.)
We've long passed the point where there are bad songs on this list, no matter how insane Heston is.

EDIT: That being said, there's no reason to vote for "In My Life" when you can knock off a presumptive winner that presumes a little too much in my opinion...
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Wolter wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 7:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

We've long passed the point where there are bad songs on this list, no matter how insane Heston is.

EDIT: That being said, there's no reason to vote for "In My Life" when you can knock off a presumptive winner that presumes a little too much in my opinion...
I think my strategy (in order) will be

In My Life
SFF
AHDN
Revolution
Happiness
ADITL
SLY

Heston

Post by Heston »

Inder wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 5:40pm
Wolter wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 7:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

I think my strategy (in order) will be

In My Life
SFF
AHDN
Revolution
Happiness
ADITL
SLY
When people can vote out In My Life over Happiness Is a Warm Gun, anything can happen. I've realised I'm not the lunatic in this asylum.