40%

Total votes: 15

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
04 May 2021, 7:39pm
I fully expect for people to rally around SFF as the last votes come in. It would be a righteous final three. I have to say I wouldn't mind if She Loves You wins it outright, that was some energy they caught on tape. And A Day In the Life is also stupendous. But Revolution doesn't belong in that bracket.
I have a preference for Revolution over ADitL (aesthetics and ideology), but taking a step back, I admit that Revolution is the one that doesn't seem like it should belong in the group.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2021, 8:04pm
Heston wrote:
I fully expect for people to rally around SFF as the last votes come in. It would be a righteous final three. I have to say I wouldn't mind if She Loves You wins it outright, that was some energy they caught on tape. And A Day In the Life is also stupendous. But Revolution doesn't belong in that bracket.
I have a preference for Revolution over ADitL (aesthetics and ideology), but taking a step back, I admit that Revolution is the one that doesn't seem like it should belong in the group.
And yet...
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
And yet...
This is a stitch up now. Something to do with killing sacred cows or something.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:49pm
Kory wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
And yet...
This is a stitch up now. Something to do with killing sacred cows or something.
Punk rawk edgelords gotta be radical, man.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:08pm
helter skelter would be cruising through the finals if this was accurate
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:08pm
helter skelter would be cruising through the finals if this was accurate
HiaWG is even more edgy, tho, in terms of proving unconventionality. I've got no problem with with legitimately preferring one song over another, but defying distant Rolling Stone/Uncut editors is a goofy punk rawk teenager rationale.

Heston

Post by Heston »

I trust the board to pull this back in the remaining time we have left.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:23pm
I threw in my vote (however reluctantly) to Revolution. One more gets a tie and re-run. Surely Crissdong can log in to help …

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:27pm
Heston wrote:
I threw in my vote (however reluctantly) to Revolution. One more gets a tie and re-run. Surely Crissdong can log in to help …
I have no alternative accounts despite what Gutterpoet, sorry, Wolter says.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:15pm
HiaWG is even more edgy, tho, in terms of proving unconventionality. I've got no problem with with legitimately preferring one song over another, but defying distant Rolling Stone/Uncut editors is a goofy punk rawk teenager rationale.
Yesterday you said you supported that position!
Last edited by Flex on 05 May 2021, 1:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Maybe, just maybe, while SFF is great, not everyone thinks it's the best, and that's not so much an edgelord opinion as a regular opinion?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
If you look at that account, you can tell it's someone trolling me.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:15pm
Yesterday you said you supported that position!
As a joke! I mean, if these results actually caused a RS editor to have heart palpitations, sure, that'd be cool. But it's just us here, so giving the finger to those phantoms seems as lame as people who say they hate the Beatles because they're revered. Relying on those external cues are weird given that we're all supposed to be guided by individual preference and taste.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:44pm
Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
If you look at that account, you can tell it's someone trolling me.
I thought that was Cretin's alt. :huh:

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:49pm
As a joke! I mean, if these results actually caused a RS editor to have heart palpitations, sure, that'd be cool. But it's just us here, so giving the finger to those phantoms seems as lame as people who say they hate the Beatles because they're revered. Relying on those external cues are weird given that we're all supposed to be guided by individual preference and taste.
yeah, i was joking about the rolling stone thing too yesterday. slightly seriously for a moment, i think it's really lame that the assumption is anyone not voting for SFF is doing it out of some adolescent contrarianism and aren't "guided by individual preference and taste" as you say. I actually find it insulting.

Pex Lives!