Final Round 12

Final Round Death Match - Round 12

Poll ended at 05 May 2021, 3:36pm

"A Day in the Life"
1
7%
"Strawberry Fields Forever"
6
40%
"She Loves You"
2
13%
"Revolution" 
6
40%
 
Total votes: 15

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 105719
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Neighbourhood of Infinity

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
04 May 2021, 7:39pm
I fully expect for people to rally around SFF as the last votes come in. It would be a righteous final three. I have to say I wouldn't mind if She Loves You wins it outright, that was some energy they caught on tape. And A Day In the Life is also stupendous. But Revolution doesn't belong in that bracket.
I have a preference for Revolution over ADitL (aesthetics and ideology), but taking a step back, I admit that Revolution is the one that doesn't seem like it should belong in the group.
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15790
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2021, 8:04pm
Heston wrote:
04 May 2021, 7:39pm
I fully expect for people to rally around SFF as the last votes come in. It would be a righteous final three. I have to say I wouldn't mind if She Loves You wins it outright, that was some energy they caught on tape. And A Day In the Life is also stupendous. But Revolution doesn't belong in that bracket.
I have a preference for Revolution over ADitL (aesthetics and ideology), but taking a step back, I admit that Revolution is the one that doesn't seem like it should belong in the group.
And yet...
"Toto is OK." —Inder

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 37684
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2021, 8:04pm
Heston wrote:
04 May 2021, 7:39pm
I fully expect for people to rally around SFF as the last votes come in. It would be a righteous final three. I have to say I wouldn't mind if She Loves You wins it outright, that was some energy they caught on tape. And A Day In the Life is also stupendous. But Revolution doesn't belong in that bracket.
I have a preference for Revolution over ADitL (aesthetics and ideology), but taking a step back, I admit that Revolution is the one that doesn't seem like it should belong in the group.
And yet...
This is a stitch up now. Something to do with killing sacred cows or something.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 105719
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Neighbourhood of Infinity

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:49pm
Kory wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2021, 8:04pm
Heston wrote:
04 May 2021, 7:39pm
I fully expect for people to rally around SFF as the last votes come in. It would be a righteous final three. I have to say I wouldn't mind if She Loves You wins it outright, that was some energy they caught on tape. And A Day In the Life is also stupendous. But Revolution doesn't belong in that bracket.
I have a preference for Revolution over ADitL (aesthetics and ideology), but taking a step back, I admit that Revolution is the one that doesn't seem like it should belong in the group.
And yet...
This is a stitch up now. Something to do with killing sacred cows or something.
Punk rawk edgelords gotta be radical, man.
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 32742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:08pm
Punk rawk edgelords gotta be radical, man.
helter skelter would be cruising through the finals if this was accurate
In the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher."

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 105719
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Neighbourhood of Infinity

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:08pm
Punk rawk edgelords gotta be radical, man.
helter skelter would be cruising through the finals if this was accurate
HiaWG is even more edgy, tho, in terms of proving unconventionality. I've got no problem with with legitimately preferring one song over another, but defying distant Rolling Stone/Uncut editors is a goofy punk rawk teenager rationale.
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 37684
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Heston »

I trust the board to pull this back in the remaining time we have left.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 105719
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Neighbourhood of Infinity

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:23pm
I trust the board to pull this back in the remaining time we have left.
I threw in my vote (however reluctantly) to Revolution. One more gets a tie and re-run. Surely Crissdong can log in to help …
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 37684
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:27pm
Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:23pm
I trust the board to pull this back in the remaining time we have left.
I threw in my vote (however reluctantly) to Revolution. One more gets a tie and re-run. Surely Crissdong can log in to help …
I have no alternative accounts despite what Gutterpoet, sorry, Wolter says.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 32742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:15pm
HiaWG is even more edgy, tho, in terms of proving unconventionality. I've got no problem with with legitimately preferring one song over another, but defying distant Rolling Stone/Uncut editors is a goofy punk rawk teenager rationale.
Yesterday you said you supported that position!
Last edited by Flex on 05 May 2021, 1:43pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher."

Pex Lives!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks
Posts: 55244
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Wolter »

Maybe, just maybe, while SFF is great, not everyone thinks it's the best, and that's not so much an edgelord opinion as a regular opinion?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks
Posts: 55244
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:27pm
Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:23pm
I trust the board to pull this back in the remaining time we have left.
I threw in my vote (however reluctantly) to Revolution. One more gets a tie and re-run. Surely Crissdong can log in to help …
I have no alternative accounts despite what Gutterpoet, sorry, Wolter says.
If you look at that account, you can tell it's someone trolling me.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 105719
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Neighbourhood of Infinity

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:15pm
HiaWG is even more edgy, tho, in terms of proving unconventionality. I've got no problem with with legitimately preferring one song over another, but defying distant Rolling Stone/Uncut editors is a goofy punk rawk teenager rationale.
Yesterday you said you supported that position!
As a joke! I mean, if these results actually caused a RS editor to have heart palpitations, sure, that'd be cool. But it's just us here, so giving the finger to those phantoms seems as lame as people who say they hate the Beatles because they're revered. Relying on those external cues are weird given that we're all supposed to be guided by individual preference and taste.
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 105719
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Neighbourhood of Infinity

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:44pm
Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:27pm
Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:23pm
I trust the board to pull this back in the remaining time we have left.
I threw in my vote (however reluctantly) to Revolution. One more gets a tie and re-run. Surely Crissdong can log in to help …
I have no alternative accounts despite what Gutterpoet, sorry, Wolter says.
If you look at that account, you can tell it's someone trolling me.
I thought that was Cretin's alt. :huh:
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 32742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 May 2021, 1:49pm
As a joke! I mean, if these results actually caused a RS editor to have heart palpitations, sure, that'd be cool. But it's just us here, so giving the finger to those phantoms seems as lame as people who say they hate the Beatles because they're revered. Relying on those external cues are weird given that we're all supposed to be guided by individual preference and taste.
yeah, i was joking about the rolling stone thing too yesterday. slightly seriously for a moment, i think it's really lame that the assumption is anyone not voting for SFF is doing it out of some adolescent contrarianism and aren't "guided by individual preference and taste" as you say. I actually find it insulting.
In the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher."

Pex Lives!

Post Reply