Final Round 12

Post by WestwayKid »

4 tracks remaining!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Final Round 12

Post by Flex »

Pouring one out for a real one. HiaWG you were too beautiful for this world. Now you're jamming with Jimi Hendrix and Bernie Madoff in heaven.

Strawberry Fields... Fuck Off!!!
Last edited by Flex on 04 May 2021, 4:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I salute the surprising staying power of HiaWG. A solid and worthy run.

That said, now that I know there's an active plot against SFF, I'll be withholding my vote till the deadline in case it's required to thwart the cabalistas.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2021, 4:16pm

That said, now that I know there's an active plot against SFF, I'll be withholding my vote till the deadline in case it's required to thwart the cabalistas.
There is a plot, I have known about it for a while. It won't stop me voting for my least favourite here, Revolution.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
04 May 2021, 4:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2021, 4:16pm

There is a plot, I have known about it for a while. It won't stop me voting for my least favourite here, Revolution.
I'm too innocent for this world. :meh:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I won't be missing SFF!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Heston

Post by Heston »

That edit in SFF still amazes me every time I hear it. Studio skill, Lennon's total stubbornness, and total serendipity created the pivotal moment on one of the greatest records ever made.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
04 May 2021, 4:36pm
That edit in SFF still amazes me every time I hear it. Studio skill, Lennon's total stubbornness, and total serendipity created the pivotal moment on one of the greatest records ever made.
Supposedly Brian Wilson heard it on the radio and had to pull over because it was the sound he had been trying to create. It kind of sounds like bullshit to me, tho, because he also claimed to have heard "Be My Baby" and also had to pull over to side the of the road, then bought every copy he could find to give to people. I mean, maybe, but that's two comparable over-reactions that seem more about getting across his wow factor than accurate reportage.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

How has Revolution hung around this long!

I voted for DITL because I am determined we are not going to MOJO/Uncut/etc this poll.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2021, 5:04pm
Heston wrote:
Supposedly Brian Wilson heard it on the radio and had to pull over because it was the sound he had been trying to create. It kind of sounds like bullshit to me, tho, because he also claimed to have heard "Be My Baby" and also had to pull over to side the of the road, then bought every copy he could find to give to people. I mean, maybe, but that's two comparable over-reactions that seem more about getting across his wow factor than accurate reportage.
Who was letting him drive in the sixties?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
04 May 2021, 5:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Ha, indeed!

Heston

Post by Heston »

Inder wrote:
04 May 2021, 5:09pm
How has Revolution hung around this long?
Well yeah. But how Warm Gun hung around so long is one of the biggest mysteries known to man.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2021, 5:31pm
Silent Majority wrote:
04 May 2021, 5:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Ha, indeed!
He may have thought he was in a car...
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Inder wrote:
04 May 2021, 5:09pm
How has Revolution hung around this long!

I voted for DITL because I am determined we are not going to MOJO/Uncut/etc this poll.
I voted Strawberry Fields because it should’ve been eliminated last round.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston

Post by Heston »

I fully expect for people to rally around SFF as the last votes come in. It would be a righteous final three. I have to say I wouldn't mind if She Loves You wins it outright, that was some energy they caught on tape. And A Day In the Life is also stupendous. But Revolution doesn't belong in that bracket.