Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

The Final Round

Poll ended at 11 May 2021, 9:26am

Strawberry Fields Forever
35%
She Loves You
65%

Total votes: 17

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2021, 4:52pm
Kory wrote:
11 May 2021, 4:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2021, 10:44am
I figured the final vote would be a lot closer, but assuming stability of the non-SFF voters from the past few rounds, everyone else went to SFF. I figured at least a few would have gone to support SLY.

I have another idea for a Survivor poll—much less intense in terms of time!—on the great albums of 1979, but if people are kinda burned out, I can sit on it for a few months.
I'd be in for this, even though Supertramp is highly likely to win. Maybe a '78–'82 could extend the fun a bit more.
My idea was that I'd come up with a list of albums that the community would think are worthy of consideration for the best album of '79 (so, no Supertramp; sorry HesTom). But that'd be a neat idea for other people to be responsible for, say, '76 to '82. At the end, we could merge the winners for the seven years.
I'd be right behind this. I'm not sure if I'm competent enough to do a proper poll, but I'd volunteer my services for 1982.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
11 May 2021, 5:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I figured the final vote would be a lot closer, but assuming stability of the non-SFF voters from the past few rounds, everyone else went to SFF. I figured at least a few would have gone to support SLY.

I have another idea for a Survivor poll—much less intense in terms of time!—on the great albums of 1979, but if people are kinda burned out, I can sit on it for a few months.
Well if it's specific to 1979, that's a slam dunk for me, London Calling of course!
Supertramp didn't release London Calling, you know.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
11 May 2021, 5:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2021, 4:52pm
Kory wrote:
11 May 2021, 4:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'd be in for this, even though Supertramp is highly likely to win. Maybe a '78–'82 could extend the fun a bit more.
My idea was that I'd come up with a list of albums that the community would think are worthy of consideration for the best album of '79 (so, no Supertramp; sorry HesTom). But that'd be a neat idea for other people to be responsible for, say, '76 to '82. At the end, we could merge the winners for the seven years.
I'd be right behind this. I'm not sure if I'm competent enough to do a proper poll, but I'd volunteer my services for 1982.
Go for it. I'll set up mine tomorrow and others can follow once its concluded. Let each poll person run it the way they want.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2021, 6:27pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Well if it's specific to 1979, that's a slam dunk for me, London Calling of course!
Ahh, got it, so I should change my vote to Fleetwood Mac "Tusk" instead?
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
11 May 2021, 6:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Supertramp had an album called Fleetwood Mac "Tusk"?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2021, 6:42pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I must be dense, are we not talking about the "best" album of 1979 excluding London Calling? :question:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
11 May 2021, 6:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I must be dense, are we not talking about the "best" album of 1979 excluding London Calling? :question:
This has always been a Supertramp board in disguise. Kory just decided to out us.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2021, 6:55pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

This has always been a Supertramp board in disguise. Kory just decided to out us.
Got it, told you I was dense! Went right over my head (I'm short, so that's pretty easy to do!)
In that case, here's my "all time fave" super annoying "song" from the ole ST.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
11 May 2021, 7:00pm
Got it, told you I was dense! Went right over my head (I'm short, so that's pretty easy to do!)

There is literally no Supertramp song I've ever heard that I didn't hate. My sister had Breakfast in America, and even when I was a Top 40 kid I hated them.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2021, 7:03pm
Sparky wrote:

There is literally no Supertramp song I've ever heard that I didn't hate. My sister had Breakfast in America, and even when I was a Top 40 kid I hated them.
Amen brother. I worked in a record store when "Breakfast In America" came out and had to put it on the turntable periodically for customers to listen to. Just gritted my teeth and played along....ugh!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
11 May 2021, 7:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Amen brother. I worked in a record store when "Breakfast In America" came out and had to put it on the turntable periodically for customers to listen to. Just gritted my teeth and played along....ugh!
Oh, look, another stylus filed down, I guess we can't play anything.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Dynasty_(album)_cover.jpg
Dynasty_(album)_cover.jpg (18.67 KiB) Viewed 9512 times
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I like this song and a few others by them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
11 May 2021, 7:13pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Dynasty_(album)_cover.jpg
Y'know, I love you like a brother, so I'm going to include that in the list. And I'm going to enjoy it being kicked into the volcano.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Heston wrote:
11 May 2021, 7:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I like this song and a few others by them.
I'm all good with the KISS fandom, but regarding the ST stuff, surly you're screwing with me now, right? :mrgreen: