Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

The Final Round

Poll ended at 11 May 2021, 9:26am

Strawberry Fields Forever
6
35%
She Loves You
11
65%
 
Total votes: 17

iso74
Corner Soul
Posts: 47
Joined: 28 Aug 2021, 10:50pm

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by iso74 »

I'm surprised to see this on a Clash Forum. Actually I'm on a few Beatles Forums and i've been tempted to start a thread about The Clash lol

"She Loves You" got to the Final. Did all the big guns knock each other out in the early rounds? It's a bit like the European Cup in the 70s when you'd get Nottingham Forrest playing Malmo in the Final. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

I might do a search to see if there were many shock upsets. "From Me To You" knocking out "And Your Bird Can Sing", "Ob-la-di-da" beating "Hey Bulldog", that sort of thing.

JennyB
User avatar
Mossad Van Driver
Posts: 20149
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by JennyB »

iso74 wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 6:59pm
I'm surprised to see this on a Clash Forum. Actually I'm on a few Beatles Forums and i've been tempted to start a thread about The Clash lol

"She Loves You" got to the Final. Did all the big guns knock each other out in the early rounds? It's a bit like the European Cup in the 70s when you'd get Nottingham Forrest playing Malmo in the Final. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

I might do a search to see if there were many shock upsets. "From Me To You" knocking out "And Your Bird Can Sing", "Ob-la-di-da" beating "Hey Bulldog", that sort of thing.
You'll soon learn that we don't actually talk about the Clash here. :lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks
Posts: 55085
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 9:41am
iso74 wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 6:59pm
I'm surprised to see this on a Clash Forum. Actually I'm on a few Beatles Forums and i've been tempted to start a thread about The Clash lol

"She Loves You" got to the Final. Did all the big guns knock each other out in the early rounds? It's a bit like the European Cup in the 70s when you'd get Nottingham Forrest playing Malmo in the Final. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

I might do a search to see if there were many shock upsets. "From Me To You" knocking out "And Your Bird Can Sing", "Ob-la-di-da" beating "Hey Bulldog", that sort of thing.
You'll soon learn that we don't actually talk about the Clash here. :lol:
The what now?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

iso74
Corner Soul
Posts: 47
Joined: 28 Aug 2021, 10:50pm

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by iso74 »

JennyB wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 9:41am
iso74 wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 6:59pm
I'm surprised to see this on a Clash Forum. Actually I'm on a few Beatles Forums and i've been tempted to start a thread about The Clash lol

"She Loves You" got to the Final. Did all the big guns knock each other out in the early rounds? It's a bit like the European Cup in the 70s when you'd get Nottingham Forrest playing Malmo in the Final. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

I might do a search to see if there were many shock upsets. "From Me To You" knocking out "And Your Bird Can Sing", "Ob-la-di-da" beating "Hey Bulldog", that sort of thing.
You'll soon learn that we don't actually talk about the Clash here. :lol:
I'm starting to see that! I mean on a Beatles Forum you'd have 6 or 7 rounds just to find the best version of "She Loves You". German Odeon Fake-Stereo vs Japanese Red Wax Mono...

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 97802
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That is what the elves call the justice of the unicorn. - Richard Nixon to Nikita Khrushchev, Kitchen Debate, Moscow, 1959

Sparky
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1367
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 8:00pm
Posted to reopen old wounds. :shifty:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/rolling-stone ... 31565.html
Oh great, Doc just had to stir the kettle! :mrgreen:
Sittin' at home, and I'm so excited
Goin' to the party though we weren't invited

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 97802
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Drum roll please... the final day / round of the Ultimate Beatles Poll 2020/21!!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 8:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 8:00pm
Posted to reopen old wounds. :shifty:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/rolling-stone ... 31565.html
Oh great, Doc just had to stir the kettle! :mrgreen:
Things were quiet, too quiet.
That is what the elves call the justice of the unicorn. - Richard Nixon to Nikita Khrushchev, Kitchen Debate, Moscow, 1959

Post Reply