21%
Stiff Little Fingers, "Inflammable Material"
63%

Total votes: 19

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Greatest Album of 1979 - Elimination Round 8

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, well, well—another tie that I get to break. I’ll go with historical redress and pick Ireland over England, so goodbye to Weller et al and their Union Jackoffery. So, which album wants to be Buster Douglas going up against Mike Tyson tomorrow?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: Greatest Album of 1979 - Elimination Round 8

Post by Olaf »

For once, I applaud your decision.

No whipped cream on his birthday cake for Paul.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
26 May 2021, 8:56am
:sad: I thought we were united in our contempt for the Thatcheranians. :huh:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:05am
Olaf wrote:
We're united in our fear of the Austrians.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2021, 8:35am
Well, well, well—another tie that I get to break. I’ll go with historical redress and pick Ireland over England, so goodbye to Weller et al and their Union Jackoffery. So, which album wants to be Buster Douglas going up against Mike Tyson tomorrow?
I can't believe Setting Sons was voted off. What's this world coming to? :disshame:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:18am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
God but I hate the Sound of Music (unless it's the Joy Division song, because that one fucking kills).

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:44am
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
God but I hate the Sound of Music (unless it's the Joy Division song, because that one fucking kills).
Me too!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I can't believe Setting Sons was voted off. What's this world coming to? :disshame:
The Jam were a singles band. Excellent singles, yes, but the albums never did much for me. I didn't think it even merited inclusion in the top ten.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:44am
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Me too!
Our former roommate hated Easter because that movie was traditionally shown at Easter and she hated it. Funny associations.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:47am
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Jam were a singles band. Excellent singles, yes, but the albums never did much for me. I didn't think it even merited inclusion in the top ten.
I think they were bigger for me because they weren't too popular in the states, therefore they were my own secret band that nobody knew about.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hugely disagree. All their albums had weak spots but I put that more down to releasing loads of classic A and B sides that weren't on albums. I could easily name 30 great Jam songs that weren't singles.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hugely disagree. All their albums had weak spots but I put that more down to releasing loads of classic A and B sides that weren't on albums. I could easily name 30 great Jam songs that weren't singles.
30 great non-singles? Don't be Muppet. :naughty:

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:58am
Heston wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 great non-singles? Don't be Muppet. :naughty:
Easily.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
I applaud this decision as well.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
26 May 2021, 9:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I think they were bigger for me because they weren't too popular in the states, therefore they were my own secret band that nobody knew about.
I get that. But, Heston's crazed muppetry aside, I maintain that it's the singles that people gush about. Nobody's got a boner for "The Planner's Dream Goes Wrong."