Where's Kimmelweck?

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Where's Kimmelweck?

Post by revbob »

Great to have you back, no need to lurk, you're a full fledged misfit like the rest of us.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Welcome back!

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Good to have you back, I'm sorry about your brother, I wish both of you the best. Cancer is a bitch, FUCK CANCER

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kimmelweck wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 12:35pm
Hi guys. Sorry I’ve been away for a while. Been a shitty year, but little bro (who lives downstairs), after a year or so, is finally cancer-free. Whoo-hoo! I’m really sorry to have just bailed out on this place for so long. You are all seriously my kind of people. Just needed a bit of time away from the internet, ie. the world. I feel horrible to have ghosted on you guys for so long and you deserve better (think of it as Kimmelweck’s Wilderness Year). I’ve missed you guys. :cry:
Great news about your brother. Glad you're back, but if you disappear again, it's all good. Some of us will be here until Inder shuts the lights off.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Welcome back and all the very best to your brother, fantastic news.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kimmelweck wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 12:35pm
Hi guys. Sorry I’ve been away for a while. Been a shitty year, but little bro (who lives downstairs), after a year or so, is finally cancer-free. Whoo-hoo! I’m really sorry to have just bailed out on this place for so long. You are all seriously my kind of people. Just needed a bit of time away from the internet, ie. the world. I feel horrible to have ghosted on you guys for so long and you deserve better (think of it as Kimmelweck’s Wilderness Year). I’ve missed you guys. :cry:
So happy for your brother and well wishes for continued health. Always cool to take a break from here, but I think we are all glad to have you back.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Great news all 'round KW, welcome back!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Really pleased to see you and to learn the reason why you're back
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Thanks everybody. I was seriously surprised to find that there’s a thread about my absence. 4 pages, and like a third of the posts on-topic? :mrgreen: I really appreciate it. You’ve all always made me feel welcome here. This was just a weird year, unfamiliar territory for me. I spent a lot of time just staying away from the computer other than for bill-paying and, like, lawn mower repair instructions. Lots of time outdoors, enjoying watching the sunlight filter through the trees, playing in the garden, simple stuff like that. Anyway, I’ll try not to be a stranger in the future.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 9:26am
Thanks everybody. I was seriously surprised to find that there’s a thread about my absence. 4 pages, and like a third of the posts on-topic? :mrgreen: I really appreciate it. You’ve all always made me feel welcome here. This was just a weird year, unfamiliar territory for me. I spent a lot of time just staying away from the computer other than for bill-paying and, like, lawn mower repair instructions. Lots of time outdoors, enjoying watching the sunlight filter through the trees, playing in the garden, simple stuff like that. Anyway, I’ll try not to be a stranger in the future.
Try not to be a stranger but also keep doing the other stuff too.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Kimmelweck wrote:
I spent a lot of time just staying away from the computer other than for.... lawn mower repair instructions.
Well, let's face it... who could possibly live without THOSE? Let's not deprive ourselves of too many of life's pleasures.
Glad that things are much better on the domestic front. And your lawn.
Best wishes to your brother and family and welcome back.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

JohnS wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 9:40pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
I spent a lot of time just staying away from the computer other than for.... lawn mower repair instructions.
Well, let's face it... who could possibly live without THOSE? Let's not deprive ourselves of too many of life's pleasures.
Glad that things are much better on the domestic front. And your lawn.
Best wishes to your brother and family and welcome back.
Thanks John. :mrgreen: I bought a rechargeable electric mower 2 summers ago that I actually love using, and wanted to ditch a couple of older gas mowers that were just taking up space in my garage. One wouldn’t start and the other one made weird blue-grey smoke. The one that wouldn’t start, I had rescued from my neighbor’s trash pile a couple years ago because it looked brand new. Turned out it just needed a 30-cent o-ring (actually $3 because I had to buy a 10-pack of them) and a carb-cleaning, but after it had sat in my garage for 2 years I finally got it running like new with an hour’s worth of effort. I sold it for $80. Would have given it back to my neighbor but he had since moved. That one was particularly satisfying because I not only rescued a perfectly good machine from the trash/land-fill, but made a few easy bucks.

The other one was about 15 years old but in nice shape, my old mower before I got the electric, but it needed a new $2 piece of fuel line as the old line was leaking. Also, I had tipped it on its side for a bit while I worked on it and evidently spilled some oil which caused it to smoke. Mowed my lawn with it one last time, which burned off the oil and stopped the smoking. It was a bit more robust than the first one and came with a bag, so I sold that one for $100. So yeah, very satisfying to sit in the sunshine in early summer and get those mowers fixed up and outta my garage. Life’s simple pleasures. :mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Kimmelweck wrote:
Olaf wrote:
30 Apr 2022, 2:19pm
Maybe we should be looking for him around the outside, around the outside...
See, I wasn't wrong! Glad to hear you're ok.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Olaf wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 4:57am
Kimmelweck wrote:
Olaf wrote:
30 Apr 2022, 2:19pm
Maybe we should be looking for him around the outside, around the outside...
See, I wasn't wrong! Glad to hear you're ok.
Thanks buddy. I’ve been outside feeding the duck-duck-ducks.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

welcome back, buddy!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak