Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Nov 2018, 7:19pm

Briefest of comments about discussion today about Ralph's book. We ended up on a Bernie tangent that led to calling up his website, which led to a lot of snarky critique (best one: it looks like the Heaven's Gate cult's page). Sorry, Bernard, you won't be recruiting any shock troops from my class …

edit: Also, more than a few leapt onto the bandwagon started by one student that the solution to the Clash is that Bernie had to die. Not be fired or quit, but die. Tough crowd!
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 19 Nov 2018, 11:41am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 7:19pm
Briefest of comments about discussion today about Ralph's book. We ended up on a Bernie tangent that led to calling up his website, which led to a lot of snarky critique (best one: it looks like the Heaven's Gate cult's page). Sorry, Bernard, you won't be recruiting any shock troops from my class …

edit: Also, more than a few leapt onto the bandwagon started by one student that the solution to the Clash is that Bernie had to die. Not be fired or quit, but die. Tough crowd!
This is great. Did they come up with various ways to kill Bernie? Because I imagine it would take a lot of creativity. He's not going to just go with a typical slash to the throat.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Nov 2018, 12:05pm

JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 11:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

This is great. Did they come up with various ways to kill Bernie? Because I imagine it would take a lot of creativity. He's not going to just go with a typical slash to the throat.
Not that I recall. They were quite amused when I explained that he does not want to be called Bernie. He's Bernard, you see.

I also related during our mid-class break how Vince threatened to slash my throat. More amusement.

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 19 Nov 2018, 12:22pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:05pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Not that I recall. They were quite amused when I explained that he does not want to be called Bernie. He's Bernard, you see.

I also related during our mid-class break how Vince threatened to slash my throat. More amusement.
:lol: :ugeek:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Nov 2018, 1:01pm

JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

But at no time did I reveal the existence of this place. All the Hoyston Phil Collins stuff would sink me just by association. That and the dumb stuff I offer up.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob » 21 Nov 2018, 9:25pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 1:01pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

But at no time did I reveal the existence of this place. All the Hoyston Phil Collins stuff would sink me just by association. That and the dumb stuff I offer up.
What we do is secret.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Post by Wolter » 19 Feb 2019, 5:51pm

”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Feb 2019, 6:31pm

Wolter wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 5:51pm
:sad: This is true. Or, rather, even your committee members don't read the whole thing. A friend of mine said that at her defence it was quite clear that some people skipped whole chapters when they accused her of not dealing with X or Y … the subject of whole chapters. It really is shocking how irresponsible so many academics are. I was lucky that my external examiner was super conscientious and gave some astute criticism of the whole damned thing.