Happy Birthday Suzanne

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Happy Birthday Suzanne

Post by matedog »

Yeah, Jenny B covered the latest for her. I similarly see fb updates.

Anyway, per usual, this is a song she should love but probably has no interest in because it's no a bunch of waify Englishmen from the 80s/90s.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 7:44pm
JennyB wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 12:41pm
I believe she is moving to Manchester. I'm not kidding! I'm really happy for her. She was almost killed a few years ago - got hit by a car and was touch and go for awhile. I can't think of a more appropriate way for her to live her dream than to move to Manchester. If only the Hacienda were still open.
Oh no! Poor girl. I genuinely loved her presence here for her goofy enthusiasm compared to all the old grumps.
There's old grumps on here?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 12:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I believe she is moving to Manchester. I'm not kidding! I'm really happy for her. She was almost killed a few years ago - got hit by a car and was touch and go for awhile. I can't think of a more appropriate way for her to live her dream than to move to Manchester. If only the Hacienda were still open.
Oh no! Poor girl. I genuinely loved her presence here for her goofy enthusiasm compared to all the old grumps.
Basically everyone besides you and I.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 12:57pm
revbob wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 12:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Basically everyone besides you and I.
Sounds about right.