Post 1775

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post 1775

Post by BitterTom »

I'm shamerd, you're all great people
Let's celebrate 1775, I love you all.

101Walterton
The Best

Re: Post 1775

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 5:57pm
I think it is time to go independent of the Septics to mark the Occassion of your 1775th post.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 6:01pm
BitterTom wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 5:57pm
I think it is time to go independent of the Septics to mark the Occassion of your 1775th post.
Attachments
Voice 008.m4a
(208.84 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Commonwealth buddies! Let us celebrate having the same head of state, even if her offspring and offspring's offspring have tentacles.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Cheers
Attachments
Voice 012.m4a
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 185 times

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Add on.
Attachments
Voice 013.m4a
(297.1 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Come back when you're on 5,000 posts, amateur. Your quality of posts is high but we need sustained activity. The KISS thread depends on you.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 7:04pm
Come back when you're on 5,000 posts, amateur. Your quality of posts is high but we need sustained activity. The KISS thread depends on you.
I'm sticking here like shit to a blanket don't worry.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 7:06pm
Heston wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 7:04pm
I'm sticking here like shit to a blanket don't worry.
You gonna give that blanket to the Yankees

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

At least I'm a happy drunk after a few beers. No idea why I had to record my thanks like I won the Nobel peace prize though.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 6:17pm
Commonwealth buddies! Let us celebrate having the same head of state, even if her offspring and offspring's offspring have tentacles.
The way some people in the US go on and on about the royal family you'd think we were still part of the commonwealth. I was at the store this morning and every stinkin' tabloid had something to do with them.

The 4th of July - like most holidays - seems to have just become another consumer driven binge fest. It's idiots wearing American flag tank tops, sucking cheap light beer, wolfing down burgers and brats while listening to Kid Rock on Spotify and complaining about NFL players being ungrateful and anti-American.

I largely stayed away from the local festivities this year. We just did the parade and that was only because of the kids - but otherwise it's hanging around a beer tent with a bunch of people like I described above while listening to cover bands.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 8:39am
The way some people in the US go on and on about the royal family you'd think we were still part of the commonwealth. I was at the store this morning and every stinkin' tabloid had something to do with them.
Because American culture is more celebrity-driven than here, I wouldn't be surprised if the royal family is more esteemed in your country than mine.
The 4th of July - like most holidays - seems to have just become another consumer driven binge fest. It's idiots wearing American flag tank tops, sucking cheap light beer, wolfing down burgers and brats while listening to Kid Rock on Spotify and complaining about NFL players being ungrateful and anti-American.
Just the way Tom Paine wrote it up in Common Sense!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

we live in a pretty liberal enclave of Colorado so I'm not usually exposed to such things on the reg, but this fourth of july weekend saw a way high volume of people wearing those "i STAND for the flag and i KNEEL for the fallen [troops]" t-shirts. I wanted to tell each person i saw wearing one of those (and some other similarly idiotic jingoist nonsense clothes) not to worry, that there aren't really any black people in this area.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 10:14am
we live in a pretty liberal enclave of Colorado so I'm not usually exposed to such things on the reg, but this fourth of july weekend saw a way high volume of people wearing those "i STAND for the flag and i KNEEL for the fallen [troops]" t-shirts. I wanted to tell each person i saw wearing one of those (and some other similarly idiotic jingoist nonsense clothes) not to worry, that there aren't really any black people in this area.
I also saw several shirts like that. We were sitting by a guy at the parade who had a shirt parodying Nike with the slogan "Just Stand" and the Nike swoosh was the American flag. I've given up trying to rationalize with these people because they will never get it. I live in a white suburb of Milwaukee where it feels like many people cling to the safety of white privilege with every ounce of their being. They are not overtly racist (mostly), but their opinions and the like speak volumes.

That said - there have been some racially motivated incidents at the high school over the last year that were (in my opinion) glossed over, but during the parade on Thursday there was a small group billing themselves as Greendale Families for Equality or something like that. Basically, they were standing up for all citizens of Greendale to feel included and I felt that was a very brave stance to take. I'm going to reach out to them and see about joining.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

What was especially eye-rolling about the conservative faux outrage towards Nike this time around—I ain't wearing Nike no more, dag nabbit!—is that it was, what, a year ago that they said the same thing because Nike uses Kap as a spokesperson? So, they boycotted and quietly came back and are boycotting again? Yeah, Nike's just shaking.