Blocked?

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Blocked?

Post by BitterTom »

Testing.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: Blocked?

Post by BitterTom »

Unlocked. Cool.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Ignore.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Block'ed

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Bloch’d.
Attachments
90D1D8FD-16B5-4DB5-ADC1-A586F558A970.jpeg
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston

Post by Heston »

Did anyone on here play "Blocker" or was it just a Northern thing?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Heston wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 8:28pm
Never heard of it mate

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
Blocker, a game played in the north of England up until 1998, involved Druidic-like cannibalistic sacrifices and was believed to keep the crops growing safely for another year, "blocking" the evil spirits who would blight the farmlands. Much protest was heard when the New Labour government outlawed it in the same Parliamentary session as foxhunting. A watered down version persists along the lowlands of Scotland, where the elderly are sacrificed but not consumed.

Fascinating.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

white man wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 12:42am
Heston wrote:
Never heard of it mate
Obviously just a South Shields thing then. Similar to "Leave a Go" and "Kick the Can."

Heston

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 5:52am
Heston wrote:
Blocker, a game played in the north of England up until 1998, involved Druidic-like cannibalistic sacrifices and was believed to keep the crops growing safely for another year, "blocking" the evil spirits who would blight the farmlands. Much protest was heard when the New Labour government outlawed it in the same Parliamentary session as foxhunting. A watered down version persists along the lowlands of Scotland, where the elderly are sacrificed but not consumed.

Fascinating.
Haha

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Heston wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 6:33am
white man wrote:
Heston wrote:
Never heard of it mate
Obviously just a South Shields thing then. Similar to "Leave a Go" and "Kick the Can."
We played a lot of Kick the Can in Wisconsin growing up. I'm assuming it's the same game? You split up into 2 teams and then attempt to kick the other team's can without being caught.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 10:31am
Heston wrote:
white man wrote:
Heston wrote:
Never heard of it mate
We played a lot of Kick the Can in Wisconsin growing up. I'm assuming it's the same game? You split up into 2 teams and then attempt to kick the other team's can without being caught.
Kick the Can where I grew up was a variation of Hide and Seek. Whoever was "it" would go look for the hiders and if they found them, they called the person's name, and then it was a race back to the base where the can was. If it kicked it, then the person who was caught was it. If the hider got their first, then then it had to set it up again and go looking. As well, while it was looking, a hider could sneak back and kick the can and force it to set it up again.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 11:11am
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 10:31am
Heston wrote:
white man wrote:
Heston wrote:
Never heard of it mate
Kick the Can where I grew up was a variation of Hide and Seek. Whoever was "it" would go look for the hiders and if they found them, they called the person's name, and then it was a race back to the base where the can was. If it kicked it, then the person who was caught was it. If the hider got their first, then then it had to set it up again and go looking. As well, while it was looking, a hider could sneak back and kick the can and force it to set it up again.
This sounds similar to a game we played called Ghost in the Graveyard. One person would be chosen as the ghost and everyone else would close their eyes and count to 50. The ghost would hide and then everyone would try to find the ghost. The person that found the ghost would yell "Ghost in the Graveyard" and then everyone else would have to run back to the safe spot before the ghost caught them. The first person caught would become the ghost in the next round and if nobody was caught the same kid would have to be the ghost the next round.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble