Page 4 of 4

Re: Blocked?

Posted: 12 Sep 2020, 12:24pm
by Heston
dave202 wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 11:04am
Heston wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 6:22pm
"Knocky Door Neighbour" is a funny one. Depending on where you live in England it also could be "Knocky Nine Doors" or "Knock Down Ginger."
I'm from Scotland. You got fed up knocking down Gingers after a while.
:mrgreen:

Re: Blocked?

Posted: 12 Sep 2020, 12:54pm
by Wolter
Heston wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 6:20pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:35pm
101Walterton wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:01pm


Definitely played it a lot Block 1 2 3. Lampost was home and if if made it back first you could either save yourself or everyone.
We called that 40-40 save all.
Unfortunately we did sing the song:
Eenie Meenie Miny Mo
Catch a n..... by his toe!!!!
Never thought what it meant.
That's odd we always sang "nipper".
We always sang "knicker" which made no sense at all at the time. Later I obviously realised what the original rhyme was. Thankfully times had moved on even in notoriously un-PC 1970s England.
It had turned into “tiger” by the late 70s/early 80s in SC

Re: Blocked?

Posted: 12 Sep 2020, 1:02pm
by Inder
Wolter wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 12:54pm
Heston wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 6:20pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:35pm


We called that 40-40 save all.
Unfortunately we did sing the song:
Eenie Meenie Miny Mo
Catch a n..... by his toe!!!!
Never thought what it meant.
That's odd we always sang "nipper".
We always sang "knicker" which made no sense at all at the time. Later I obviously realised what the original rhyme was. Thankfully times had moved on even in notoriously un-PC 1970s England.
It had turned into “tiger” by the late 70s/early 80s in SC
Tiger in the 90s. I remember a parent volunteer trying to steer us off the rhyme around grade one or two.

Re: Blocked?

Posted: 12 Sep 2020, 1:57pm
by Dr. Medulla
Wolter wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 12:54pm
Heston wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 6:20pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:35pm


We called that 40-40 save all.
Unfortunately we did sing the song:
Eenie Meenie Miny Mo
Catch a n..... by his toe!!!!
Never thought what it meant.
That's odd we always sang "nipper".
We always sang "knicker" which made no sense at all at the time. Later I obviously realised what the original rhyme was. Thankfully times had moved on even in notoriously un-PC 1970s England.
It had turned into “tiger” by the late 70s/early 80s in SC
Not in Saskatchewan. :disshame: I grew up with the slur names for Brazil nuts and liquorice babies, too. Japanese Mandarin oranges were also predictably shortened.

Re: Blocked?

Posted: 12 Sep 2020, 8:24pm
by 101Walterton
Wolter wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 12:54pm
Heston wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 6:20pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:57pm
101Walterton wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 5:35pm


We called that 40-40 save all.
Unfortunately we did sing the song:
Eenie Meenie Miny Mo
Catch a n..... by his toe!!!!
Never thought what it meant.
That's odd we always sang "nipper".
We always sang "knicker" which made no sense at all at the time. Later I obviously realised what the original rhyme was. Thankfully times had moved on even in notoriously un-PC 1970s England.
It had turned into “tiger” by the late 70s/early 80s in SC
Yeah we were encouraged to change to ‘tigger’ as opposed to ‘tiger’. That was when we realised we were using a bad word 🙄

The Banana Split chant became the chant of choice anyway 😊

Re: Blocked?

Posted: 12 Sep 2020, 10:20pm
by Wolter
Can’t wait to find out “one potato two potato” is anti-Irish.

Re: Blocked?

Posted: 12 Sep 2020, 10:57pm
by dpwolf
Wolter wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 10:20pm
Can’t wait to find out “one potato two potato” is anti-Irish.
fake news

Re: Blocked?

Posted: 13 Sep 2020, 6:41am
by Marky Dread
Wolter wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 10:20pm
Can’t wait to find out “one potato two potato” is anti-Irish.
Fuck we've got all these potatoes. Let's go make Poitín.