Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 10:21pm
FYI, at the moment (as of 8:21pm mountain time) we're still plugging away if anyone wanted to try to swing in and pay their respects
Thanks All! I did my best. May the sun rise for all of us with our souls better for knowing 101. Good man. Good life! I'll honor his life by doing the best with mine.

What it is, what it was, what it shall be.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:05pm
Flex wrote:
FYI, at the moment (as of 8:21pm mountain time) we're still plugging away if anyone wanted to try to swing in and pay their respects
Thanks All! I did my best. May the sun rise for all of us with our souls better for knowing 101. Good man. Good life! I'll honor his life by doing the best with mine.

Good seeing you BBE and all the others. Thanks to Matey and Doc for working it out and making it happen.

Mateys voice was different from what I expected, Doc's wasn't .

We should try and do this again sometime not just when one of us passes on.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:35pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:05pm
Flex wrote:

Good seeing you BBE and all the others. Thanks to Matey and Doc for working it out and making it happen.

Or we'll just see you when one of the other ones takes a dirt nap. You guys are all great. Drink deep.

tosh133
Corner Soul

Post by tosh133 »

That was fun

Who did Insult and annoy?

There is a recording? Damn.

Okay. I called a few people out, lets hope the accent makes you not realize it was you.

Only one I care about is I called the Beatles out that rant stands.

But, srs, was good to interact with a few of you. It is important to do that and it was fun. Appreciate the interaction.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
I don't feel too good about that statement. (Having had to record my lectures to upload, I've been forced to hear my voice and be extremely disappointed that it sounds so much worse than in my head.)
When we finished up, that was brought up. Certainly next EET Week, but ideally before. It was agreed that there was a surprising degree of comfort considering most of us had never encountered each other live and visually before. Common history is good for that, as well as the fact that people do basically like each other. If Barny's passing can encourage more of these kinds of virtual get togethers, it's a fine gift he left us.

The recording is still being processed, but I'll upload it tomorrow. The conversation is meandering, at best, so assess your own tolerance if you want to watch it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 12:05am
revbob wrote:
I don't feel too good about that statement. (Having had to record my lectures to upload, I've been forced to hear my voice and be extremely disappointed that it sounds so much worse than in my head.)
When we finished up, that was brought up. Certainly next EET Week, but ideally before. It was agreed that there was a surprising degree of comfort considering most of us had never encountered each other live and visually before. Common history is good for that, as well as the fact that people do basically like each other. If Barny's passing can encourage more of these kinds of virtual get togethers, it's a fine gift he left us.

The recording is still being processed, but I'll upload it tomorrow. The conversation is meandering, at best, so assess your own tolerance if you want to watch it.
I wish I could've stayed longer. Glad I managed to get to the toast.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 12:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 12:05am
revbob wrote:

I wish I could've stayed longer. Glad I managed to get to the toast.
It was cool that, seriously, less than 30 seconds after I said that no one else is coming, you showed up. Plus you were spared all the other nonsense that surrounded it. You may have won the evening.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

This was a real pleasure, glad to reconnect with old faces, connect with new ones and have some good chuckles about Wally. tosh, no worries, you were brilliant.

Agreed we need to do more of this, not just when folks pass on. If that's one legacy Wally can leave us, I'm pretty sure he'd be pleased with that.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

That was a good time. Thanks to Dr. M and matey for putting this together. Here are some screenshots:
Zoom 101Walterton Wake 10-09-2020 1.png
Zoom 101Walterton Wake 10-09-2020 2.png

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Good times putting faces to names of people I’ve chatted with forever. Good stories about Wally and a lovely toast from Flex. Glad BBE could join us from his rustic chandelier cabin. Disappointed with Doc’s not over the top accent but appreciated the Canadian facts and history.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Zoom 101Walterton Wake 10-09-2020 3.png
Zoom 101Walterton Wake 10-09-2020 4.png

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Great photos Briggy, thanks for thinking to capture those
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tosh133
Corner Soul

Post by tosh133 »

I really need a haircut (8 months and counting)

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Well done all. I was going to join if I woke up at 2.00 am but sadly I didn’t.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Glad it went well fellas.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board