Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10881
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 10:21pm
FYI, at the moment (as of 8:21pm mountain time) we're still plugging away if anyone wanted to try to swing in and pay their respects
Thanks All! I did my best. May the sun rise for all of us with our souls better for knowing 101. Good man. Good life! I'll honor his life by doing the best with mine.

What it is, what it was, what it shall be.
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15013
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:05pm
Flex wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 10:21pm
FYI, at the moment (as of 8:21pm mountain time) we're still plugging away if anyone wanted to try to swing in and pay their respects
Thanks All! I did my best. May the sun rise for all of us with our souls better for knowing 101. Good man. Good life! I'll honor his life by doing the best with mine.

What it is, what it was, what it shall be.
Good seeing you BBE and all the others. Thanks to Matey and Doc for working it out and making it happen.

Mateys voice was different from what I expected, Doc's wasn't .

We should try and do this again sometime not just when one of us passes on.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10881
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:35pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:05pm
Flex wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 10:21pm
FYI, at the moment (as of 8:21pm mountain time) we're still plugging away if anyone wanted to try to swing in and pay their respects
Thanks All! I did my best. May the sun rise for all of us with our souls better for knowing 101. Good man. Good life! I'll honor his life by doing the best with mine.

What it is, what it was, what it shall be.
Good seeing you BBE and all the others. Thanks to Matey and Doc for working it out and making it happen.

Mateys voice was different from what I expected, Doc's wasn't .

We should try and do this again sometime not just when one of us passes on.
Or we'll just see you when one of the other ones takes a dirt nap. You guys are all great. Drink deep.
Image

tosh133
Corner Soul
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Oct 2020, 12:38am

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by tosh133 »

That was fun

Who did Insult and annoy?

There is a recording? Damn.

Okay. I called a few people out, lets hope the accent makes you not realize it was you.

Only one I care about is I called the Beatles out that rant stands.

But, srs, was good to interact with a few of you. It is important to do that and it was fun. Appreciate the interaction.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92581
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:35pm
Mateys voice was different from what I expected, Doc's wasn't .
I don't feel too good about that statement. (Having had to record my lectures to upload, I've been forced to hear my voice and be extremely disappointed that it sounds so much worse than in my head.)
We should try and do this again sometime not just when one of us passes on.
When we finished up, that was brought up. Certainly next EET Week, but ideally before. It was agreed that there was a surprising degree of comfort considering most of us had never encountered each other live and visually before. Common history is good for that, as well as the fact that people do basically like each other. If Barny's passing can encourage more of these kinds of virtual get togethers, it's a fine gift he left us.

The recording is still being processed, but I'll upload it tomorrow. The conversation is meandering, at best, so assess your own tolerance if you want to watch it.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 54158
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 12:05am
revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:35pm
Mateys voice was different from what I expected, Doc's wasn't .
I don't feel too good about that statement. (Having had to record my lectures to upload, I've been forced to hear my voice and be extremely disappointed that it sounds so much worse than in my head.)
We should try and do this again sometime not just when one of us passes on.
When we finished up, that was brought up. Certainly next EET Week, but ideally before. It was agreed that there was a surprising degree of comfort considering most of us had never encountered each other live and visually before. Common history is good for that, as well as the fact that people do basically like each other. If Barny's passing can encourage more of these kinds of virtual get togethers, it's a fine gift he left us.

The recording is still being processed, but I'll upload it tomorrow. The conversation is meandering, at best, so assess your own tolerance if you want to watch it.
I wish I could've stayed longer. Glad I managed to get to the toast.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92581
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 12:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 12:05am
revbob wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:35pm
Mateys voice was different from what I expected, Doc's wasn't .
I don't feel too good about that statement. (Having had to record my lectures to upload, I've been forced to hear my voice and be extremely disappointed that it sounds so much worse than in my head.)
We should try and do this again sometime not just when one of us passes on.
When we finished up, that was brought up. Certainly next EET Week, but ideally before. It was agreed that there was a surprising degree of comfort considering most of us had never encountered each other live and visually before. Common history is good for that, as well as the fact that people do basically like each other. If Barny's passing can encourage more of these kinds of virtual get togethers, it's a fine gift he left us.

The recording is still being processed, but I'll upload it tomorrow. The conversation is meandering, at best, so assess your own tolerance if you want to watch it.
I wish I could've stayed longer. Glad I managed to get to the toast.
It was cool that, seriously, less than 30 seconds after I said that no one else is coming, you showed up. Plus you were spared all the other nonsense that surrounded it. You may have won the evening.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29877
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by Flex »

This was a real pleasure, glad to reconnect with old faces, connect with new ones and have some good chuckles about Wally. tosh, no worries, you were brilliant.

Agreed we need to do more of this, not just when folks pass on. If that's one legacy Wally can leave us, I'm pretty sure he'd be pleased with that.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3495
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

That was a good time. Thanks to Dr. M and matey for putting this together. Here are some screenshots:
Zoom 101Walterton Wake 10-09-2020 1.png
Zoom 101Walterton Wake 10-09-2020 2.png

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22511
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by matedog »

Good times putting faces to names of people I’ve chatted with forever. Good stories about Wally and a lovely toast from Flex. Glad BBE could join us from his rustic chandelier cabin. Disappointed with Doc’s not over the top accent but appreciated the Canadian facts and history.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3495
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Zoom 101Walterton Wake 10-09-2020 3.png
Zoom 101Walterton Wake 10-09-2020 4.png

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29877
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by Flex »

Great photos Briggy, thanks for thinking to capture those
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

tosh133
Corner Soul
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Oct 2020, 12:38am

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by tosh133 »

I really need a haircut (8 months and counting)

laxman
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2797
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by laxman »

Well done all. I was going to join if I woke up at 2.00 am but sadly I didn’t.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 35282
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Zoom wake for 101Walterton?

Post by Heston »

Glad it went well fellas.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Post Reply