Gimmix saying Hello!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Gimmix saying Hello!

Post by Kory »

Hello and welcome!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Gimmix wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 11:50am
56 year old punk in Somerset, UK saying Hello!

First gig was Joy Division/Buzzcocks in 1979, last gig was Alternative TV in 2019.
Hi,
Was your first gig in Brizzle at The Colston Hall by any chance? If so I was also there😁

Gimmix
Corner Soul

Post by Gimmix »

FarawayTowns wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 5:51am
Gimmix wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 11:50am
56 year old punk in Somerset, UK saying Hello!

First gig was Joy Division/Buzzcocks in 1979, last gig was Alternative TV in 2019.
Hi,
Was your first gig in Brizzle at The Colston Hall by any chance? If so I was also there😁
Yes, it was! Small world :cool:

https://www.joydiv.org/c041179.htm

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Yes small world indeed. I'm actually from Brizzle whereabouts in Zummerzet do you originate from?

Thanks for the link. First time I have read a review of the gig or seen any photos.

I wasn't a fan of Joy Division at the time. However as the years passed I began to appreciate what a great and iconic band they were and feel very lucky to have seen them live.

Gimmix
Corner Soul

Post by Gimmix »

FarawayTowns wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 7:56am
Yes small world indeed. I'm actually from Brizzle whereabouts in Zummerzet do you originate from?

Thanks for the link. First time I have read a review of the gig or seen any photos.

I wasn't a fan of Joy Division at the time. However as the years passed I began to appreciate what a great and iconic band they were and feel very lucky to have seen them live.
I'm from Bristol too and in 'normal' times I go there to meet mates and see bands.

Same here with Joy Division, I went primarily to see Buzzers who in hindsight (imo) had just released a weak third album, whilst JD were at their peak having released Unknown Pleasures back in the summer.

It' took me a while to fully appreciate JD, and like you, I feel lucky to have seen them.

Glad you enjoyed the link :wink: