Happy birthday, Flex!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Re: Happy birthday, Flex!

Post by Spiff »

Happy birthday to a top bloke.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Happy birthday pal! Hope it's a fun one.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Happy birthday, Flex, you should move to another city.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Happiest birthday, Flex!

In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Yes

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Thanks all! One of the more memorable birthdays in the record books, the wife and I closed on our first house and we've moved from my small town to the (suburbs of the) big city. I also got to get signed up for my covid vaccination to take place Friday, so a pretty exciting day all the way around.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 10:20am
Thanks all! One of the more memorable birthdays in the record books, the wife and I closed on our first house and we've moved from my small town to the (suburbs of the) big city. I also got to get signed up for my covid vaccination to take place Friday, so a pretty exciting day all the way around.
Congratulations on being scared of immigrants and grumbling about the neighbour's lawn!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 10:44am
Flex wrote:
Congratulations on being scared of immigrants and grumbling about the neighbour's lawn!
I stepped out of the car yesterday and IMMEDIATELY some old guy walking his dog started complaining to me about the HOA's plowing services.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 10:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
I stepped out of the car yesterday and IMMEDIATELY some old guy walking his dog started complaining to me about the HOA's plowing services.
Tell those damn kids to stay off your lawn too, if their ball, frisbee etc lands on your lawn its its yours.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
Is it weird that I google map'd your town from J9's cousin's town? (about 30 minutes apart, btw)
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
Great day for sure! Very excited for you guys.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 10:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
:lol: It's going to be a challenge for you not to get sucked into that kind of neighbourhood politics.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Most neighbors like it when you dont cut your grass too often. They may offer to lend you their mower but thats a trick, just wink, smile and say no thanks.

This is free wisdom here, hope you're writing this down.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 1:51pm
Most neighbors like it when you dont cut your grass too often. They may offer to lend you their mower but thats a trick, just wink, smile and say no thanks.

This is free wisdom here, hope you're writing this down.
My dad was obsessive about not letting the lawn look shaggy. He also got annoyed because I mowed the same way every time. Apparently you're supposed to take different routes or some such otherwise you get tracks or something. He was guided by "what will the neighbours think?" as a domestic policy.

(During the last sibling Zoom, the older ones were laughing about one day they pissed off my mother. She was scolding them—loudly—when he got home. They didn't know if he'd join in or rescue them. His reaction was to close the windows so the neighbours couldn't hear.)

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Flex telling the kids to stay off his lawn.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1616016263802.jpg
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?