I just noticed “Woody Allen” is still on my tag line thing.

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: I just noticed “Woody Allen” is still on my tag line thing.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 10:53am
I must rewatch Defending Your Life this year.
Re-watched it a couple years ago. One thing that bugs me is that when AB and Meryl Streep are viewing their past lives, he's consistently a coward—makes sense—whereas she's heroic. So why are they in the same predicament? It's a weird inconsistency that nags.

But I loved his comment to the stand-up who asks how he died, “Like you, onstage.”
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 11:37am
Silent Majority wrote:
Re-watched it a couple years ago. One thing that bugs me is that when AB and Meryl Streep are viewing their past lives, he's consistently a coward—makes sense—whereas she's heroic. So why are they in the same predicament? It's a weird inconsistency that nags.

But I loved his comment to the stand-up who asks how he died, “Like you, onstage.”
Isn't the conceit that everyone has to go through the assessment?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 2:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

But if she'd been so brave in her past life, why did she get sent back down to earth? He's a coward over and over, so that makes sense he'd have to go back and try again. But her past bravery should have earned her the eternal reward already.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 3:34pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

But if she'd been so brave in her past life, why did she get sent back down to earth? He's a coward over and over, so that makes sense he'd have to go back and try again. But her past bravery should have earned her the eternal reward already.
Doesn't she get the eternal reward? Her bus is in the other lane so he has to jump on it, which is his redemption as far as the judges are concerned.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 4:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Doesn't she get the eternal reward? Her bus is in the other lane so he has to jump on it, which is his redemption as far as the judges are concerned.
That’s how I remember it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Right, she does, but she should have gotten it before her current life if she'd been so valiant in a past life. Her life as Meryl Streep shouldn't have happened at all if her earlier lives had been brave.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 4:51pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Right, she does, but she should have gotten it before her current life if she'd been so valiant in a past life. Her life as Meryl Streep shouldn't have happened at all if her earlier lives had been brave.
Maybe she had a shit defender, or the judges were fickle assholes. I certainly wouldn't expect that system to work any better than the ones down here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 7:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Maybe she had a shit defender, or the judges were fickle assholes. I certainly wouldn't expect that system to work any better than the ones down here.
Now that's cynical!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 7:19pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Now that's cynical!
Who Else But Kory?™ (and Brooks)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 7:19pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Now that's cynical!
Who Else But Kory?™ (and Brooks)
You're just like Chilly, the elf who cannot love.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 8:46am
Inder wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 5:37pm
JennyB wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 10:19am
Thoughts, Wolt? Also, Inder, May I request to change my tagline bacl to Mossad Van Driver? Thank you, kind sir!
Wolter wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 3:50pm
I’m for it. INDER! Replace Woody with Albert.
:cool:
Solid.
Thank you, Inder!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy