Let it snow!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Let it snow!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 8:16pm
I’ll get a few inches of snow here (5 minutes north of Buffalo) this weekend, but it hasn’t started yet. I got 8 inches over 2 days about a month ago. Over the same period they got 77 inches in Orchard Park, just south of Buffalo – about a 30 minute drive away. My good fortune in avoiding the worst of the storm reminded me of my first glimpse of a Playboy or maybe it was Penthouse magazine when I was 8 years old. There was a single-panel cartoon that featured two guys crucified side by side on crosses. One of them was nailed up there pretty good, in obvious agony. The other guy was lashed to his cross with Scotch tape and was looking at the first guy with a delighted “Ha!” expression :razz:. Anyway, gotta love those lake effect snow bands. A few miles or a slight change in wind direction can make a huge difference.
I had wondered about you when Buffalo got that insane dump last month. Eight inches over two days isn't bad at all especially when the alternative is almost ten times that. I mean, that's revbob and Inder height in snow, and they're Frankensteins!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 10:08pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
I’ll get a few inches of snow here (5 minutes north of Buffalo) this weekend, but it hasn’t started yet. I got 8 inches over 2 days about a month ago. Over the same period they got 77 inches in Orchard Park, just south of Buffalo – about a 30 minute drive away. My good fortune in avoiding the worst of the storm reminded me of my first glimpse of a Playboy or maybe it was Penthouse magazine when I was 8 years old. There was a single-panel cartoon that featured two guys crucified side by side on crosses. One of them was nailed up there pretty good, in obvious agony. The other guy was lashed to his cross with Scotch tape and was looking at the first guy with a delighted “Ha!” expression :razz:. Anyway, gotta love those lake effect snow bands. A few miles or a slight change in wind direction can make a huge difference.
I had wondered about you when Buffalo got that insane dump last month. Eight inches over two days isn't bad at all especially when the alternative is almost ten times that. I mean, that's revbob and Inder height in snow, and they're Frankensteins!
We will crush you puny human.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 8:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
I can get me a torch and a pitchfork; I'll be just fine against you critter galoots.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 8:59am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
I can get me a torch and a pitchfork; I'll be just fine against you critter galoots.
Makes one wonder who the real monster is.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 10:17am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Really tall people, no question.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 10:34am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'll find you one day.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 11:04am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 10:34am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I'll find you one day.
You'll need binoculars when looking downward.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

here in northisheastern Maine we are getting hit with this snow bullshit, last night into today, its still coming down, it became the wet heavy snow this morning and our electricity went out for about an hour and a half but its back on now so panic mode has been deactivated ... but its still on stand-by.

FUCK THE SNOW
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
This weekend’s 6-8 inch snow forecast turned into 2 inches. I won’t even bother shoveling. But yeah, 77 inches is an insane amount of snow over 48 hours, especially in November. Only the tip of my wizard hat would have been showing.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

weller259 wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 5:17pm
here in northisheastern Maine we are getting hit with this snow bullshit, last night into today, its still coming down, it became the wet heavy snow this morning and our electricity went out for about an hour and a half but its back on now so panic mode has been deactivated ... but its still on stand-by.

FUCK THE SNOW
You sound like my wife. We were asked if we wanted to move to Idaho or Washington to be closer to her relatives, she said "no" because once I'm gone, she doesn't want to be stuck shoveling snow. I asked her "what makes you think I'm going before you?" :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:

FUCK THE SNOW
You're likely affected by the same systems we get, so I regret to tell you that the forecast for 23/24 Dec is more wet snow/rain. Stock up on hard liquor. :shifty:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 7:34pm
weller259 wrote:

FUCK THE SNOW
You're likely affected by the same systems we get, so I regret to tell you that the forecast for 23/24 Dec is more wet snow/rain. Stock up on hard liquor. :shifty:
We're getting it on Thursday/Friday and sounds like dreaded "lake effect" snow which is when cold air blows down from Canada and comes into contact with the warmer water of the Great Lakes creating a lot of heavy, wet snow in a relatively short period of time.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

No snow but the high on Thursday is going to be -2 (fahrenheit). Crisp.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 11:40am
I'm not sure what I dislike more - the cold or the snow. Wind chill was negative this morning.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 11:53am
Flex wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 11:40am
I'm not sure what I dislike more - the cold or the snow. Wind chill was negative this morning.
I don't like wet snow or wind, but I'm good with both cold and snow. Cold air always seems fresher and more invigorating.