Let it snow!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Let it snow!

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 2:18pm
Flex wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 1:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 1:42pm
He gives off more of a Millennial vibe to me.
That's the handsomeness you're correctly associating with millennials 😎
I was thinking more the cloying need for approval, but whatever floats your boat. :shifty:
I don't deny that quality in millennials, but it's even higher in zoomers, as evidenced by stuff on YT and TT. Narcissism is like the defining characteristic of human culture these days.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 7:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I was thinking more the cloying need for approval, but whatever floats your boat. :shifty:
I don't deny that quality in millennials, but it's even higher in zoomers, as evidenced by stuff on YT and TT. Narcissism is like the defining characteristic of human culture these days.
I don't disagree. Regardless of whether it makes me sound like a grumpy old man (or, as the kids say, a revbob), the thing I hate most about social media (broadly defined) is its narcissistic impulse. Selfies, influencers, likes, retweets—all that shit boils down to is me me me. It's a sad hunger for the spotlight as a way of confirming self-worth. If you don't exist without someone "liking" your photo or tweet or whatever, what kind of existence is that?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wind and sleet against the windows woke me up and kept me awake, then the power went out for, like, 1 second, but the generator did briefly start up. Regardless, I got up around 4.30 rather than lay in bed awake.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I’m in Florida, and I don’t want to go back to the cold place.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 8:11pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't disagree. Regardless of whether it makes me sound like a grumpy old man (or, as the kids say, a revbob), the thing I hate most about social media (broadly defined) is its narcissistic impulse. Selfies, influencers, likes, retweets—all that shit boils down to is me me me. It's a sad hunger for the spotlight as a way of confirming self-worth. If you don't exist without someone "liking" your photo or tweet or whatever, what kind of existence is that?
I wish.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 7:06am
Wind and sleet against the windows woke me up and kept me awake, then the power went out for, like, 1 second, but the generator did briefly start up. Regardless, I got up around 4.30 rather than lay in bed awake.
I awoke to thunder this morning.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 9:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 7:06am
I awoke to thunder this morning.
Ben and Jerry excavating Chunkymonkey Mountain for materials again?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The biggest thing that baffles me on this score lately is reaction videos. People are so far up their own asses I'm surprised they can even work the computer.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 2:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:

The biggest thing that baffles me on this score lately is reaction videos. People are so far up their own asses I'm surprised they can even work the computer.
I play a baseball simulation league game and in the Reddit devoted to it, people post videos of them playing the game and opening reward packages and the like. I'm torn as to what is more face-palming, making that video or watching it.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 2:28pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I play a baseball simulation league game and in the Reddit devoted to it, people post videos of them playing the game and opening reward packages and the like. I'm torn as to what is more face-palming, making that video or watching it.
Unboxing videos? I don't get that at all.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 5:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Without getting into whole nature of the game (MLB 9 Innings), it's basically collecting virtual baseball cards, training the players on them to develop their skills, and building a team that competes in various simulations. Playing the games gives you packages of cards of various values and some people save them up and then open them while they're recording. And, I dunno, you're supposed to go, "Oooo, a 2019 Verlander!" Why the fuck anyone would find that even remotely interesting is beyond me.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 5:25pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Without getting into whole nature of the game (MLB 9 Innings), it's basically collecting virtual baseball cards, training the players on them to develop their skills, and building a team that competes in various simulations. Playing the games gives you packages of cards of various values and some people save them up and then open them while they're recording. And, I dunno, you're supposed to go, "Oooo, a 2019 Verlander!" Why the fuck anyone would find that even remotely interesting is beyond me.

You were asking for it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 6:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

You were asking for it.
I don't watch those videos! The game is mostly an outlet for my need for routines.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

LMAO, neeeeeerd alert
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 6:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

LMAO, neeeeeerd alert
Harumph! I'm a gamer!

Oh shit.