Let it snow!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Let it snow!

Post by Flex »

Lol, ublock origin wanted to block the snow.

IMCT at its most magical.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

We've had very little snow in Milwaukee so far. It rained all day yesterday, but never got cold enough to snow.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Thanks Inder! Probably the closest thing to snow we'll get to see here this year.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Snowing like fuck in NE29, England today..
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

We're due for a pile of snow today, which I am looking forward to. Nothing more infuriating than wishy-washy, in-between weather. :curses1:

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

This is nice. Thanks very much, Inder!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

It's been snowing in Seattle much more and much earlier than usual. I'm a bit worried I'm going to be stuck in Tucson tomorrow.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We're getting our first significant snowfall of the year. It hasn't been a lot in depth, but it's the wet stuff that weighs as much as fat twins on minibikes.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 1:34pm
We're getting our first significant snowfall of the year. It hasn't been a lot in depth, but it's the wet stuff that weighs as much as fat twins on minibikes.
Same. And of course there was the pre-panic of buying shit at stores, closing schools and businesses etc. Its still coming down as snow but not accumulting much on roads etc. I imagine when the temp drops sometime tomorrow it will be icy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 2:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Same. And of course there was the pre-panic of buying shit at stores, closing schools and businesses etc. Its still coming down as snow but not accumulting much on roads etc. I imagine when the temp drops sometime tomorrow it will be icy.
Vermonters panic shop before a snowstorm? That's disappointing to learn. I assumed it was a Southern thing.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 2:23pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Vermonters panic shop before a snowstorm? That's disappointing to learn. I assumed it was a Southern thing.
Most don't but we got a bunch of northern Boston types.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 2:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They're buying lawn chairs to reserve parking spaces. :rolleyes:

I'll say this about Canadians (as a general rule): if anything we're blasé about snowstorms. More grumbling than panicking.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 2:46pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'll say this about Canadians (as a general rule): if anything we're blasé about snowstorms. More grumbling than panicking.
Most are but we still have plenty of Massholes that get all panicky and the media plays it up too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 3:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 2:46pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Most are but we still have plenty of Massholes that get all panicky and the media plays it up too.
To be honest, the media here is getting worse when it comes to weather. Snow, rain, wind now all seem to justify "alerts" and warnings. Just because there might be some thunder and lightning, does it require flashing "severe storm warning"? It's a storm, but a couple lightning flashes ain't severe. Damn avocado toast kids …

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

I’ll get a few inches of snow here (5 minutes north of Buffalo) this weekend, but it hasn’t started yet. I got 8 inches over 2 days about a month ago. Over the same period they got 77 inches in Orchard Park, just south of Buffalo – about a 30 minute drive away. My good fortune in avoiding the worst of the storm reminded me of my first glimpse of a Playboy or maybe it was Penthouse magazine when I was 8 years old. There was a single-panel cartoon that featured two guys crucified side by side on crosses. One of them was nailed up there pretty good, in obvious agony. The other guy was lashed to his cross with Scotch tape and was looking at the first guy with a delighted “Ha!” expression :razz:. Anyway, gotta love those lake effect snow bands. A few miles or a slight change in wind direction can make a huge difference.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.