Happy Birthday Weller259

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Re: Happy Birthday Weller259

Post by weller259 »

gkbill wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 7:11pm
Hello,

Happy birthday!
Hello to you, and thank you to you as well.
Its been a quiet day, In these COVID-variant-galore days we are living in, that's just fine with me.
Thank you to everyone. :smile:
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Have a great one!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

weller259 wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 3:11pm
JennyB wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 11:49am
HBW259!
Thank you very much! This is a big one in life terms, its the big 6-0.
I sure as hell feel it in my bones, lol.
Happy Belated-day. The Big 6-0 is worth a thread here!
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Happy belated man.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Happy Birthday Fella

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Happy birthday, old top!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Thank you all, so very much. Its not easy facing up to the fact that i'm now officially a geezer by anyone's measurement, but the good wishes of you people here for me have made this transition into geezerhood a lot less mentally stressful.
Again, I thank you all for the well-wishes and good tidings, I greatly appreciate it.
I called the local rock radio station here asking for a request and the DJ put it right on for me, which I proceeded to turn up to the max volume my little shelf system in my kitchen could handle. I was cutting up some chicken breast for dinner at the time, thankfully for my dogs I put the knife down before starting my old-man dancing to the song. A fitting celebration for me anyways. lol.

The song? Police On My Back. I felt like bopping and that song never disappoints.
I was so surprised that the local rock station played it for me.
Of course, they followed it up with a track from Loverboy. Nothing like "one good one in a row". So I turned the volume back down and finished cutting the chicken. lol.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Happy belated!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 5:27pm
Thank you all, so very much. Its not easy facing up to the fact that i'm now officially a geezer by anyone's measurement, but the good wishes of you people here for me have made this transition into geezerhood a lot less mentally stressful.
Again, I thank you all for the well-wishes and good tidings, I greatly appreciate it.
I called the local rock radio station here asking for a request and the DJ put it right on for me, which I proceeded to turn up to the max volume my little shelf system in my kitchen could handle. I was cutting up some chicken breast for dinner at the time, thankfully for my dogs I put the knife down before starting my old-man dancing to the song. A fitting celebration for me anyways. lol.

The song? Police On My Back. I felt like bopping and that song never disappoints.
Of course, they followed it up with a track from Loverboy. Nothing like "one good one in a row". So I turned the volume back down and finished cutting the chicken. lol.
Ha! Generally speaking, I think we're handling our impending geezerhood better than Boomers. Being comparatively grumpy young people/middle-agers probably helps. The world spins but not around us, so we make do with simple pleasures like the occasional great song (even knowing fucking Loverboy is always lurking).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Inder wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 7:49pm
Happy belated!
Inder, thank you, sir, I appreciate it.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 8:09pm
weller259 wrote:

Ha! Generally speaking, I think we're handling our impending geezerhood better than Boomers. Being comparatively grumpy young people/middle-agers probably helps. The world spins but not around us, so we make do with simple pleasures like the occasional great song (even knowing fucking Loverboy is always lurking).
You know, ever since I was a little kid, I mean as far back as I can remember, it was always about that occasional great song, and when I was that age, it was the Beatles making those great songs. I really believe it was their songs' influence on me sonically at such a young age that has led me on this life of loving music that moves me more than any other kind of entertainment/showbiz/sports.

As for the geezerhood, its really starting to actually SINK IN to me now, but i've had a bit of a introspective think about it and I have decided to embrace it with humor and sarcasm. I think what you say is spot-on, at least for me, the world does not spin around me or really give a shit about me so what is there to lose?
Of course, its easier said than done, but for day 1 i'm ok. lol.
Maybe next week i'll see if that rock station will play some Buzzcocks.
Maybe not. :mrgreen:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 9:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 8:09pm
weller259 wrote:

You know, ever since I was a little kid, I mean as far back as I can remember, it was always about that occasional great song, and when I was that age, it was the Beatles making those great songs. I really believe it was their songs' influence on me sonically at such a young age that has led me on this life of loving music that moves me more than any other kind of entertainment/showbiz/sports.

As for the geezerhood, its really starting to actually SINK IN to me now, but i've had a bit of a introspective think about it and I have decided to embrace it with humor and sarcasm. I think what you say is spot-on, at least for me, the world does not spin around me or really give a shit about me so what is there to lose?
Of course, its easier said than done, but for day 1 i'm ok. lol.
Maybe next week i'll see if that rock station will play some Buzzcocks.
Maybe not. :mrgreen:
Amen. :cool:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft