IMCT is 20!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: IMCT is 20!

Post by revbob »

coffeepotman wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 4:53pm
I've been around for a long time, maybe since Joe died or before if it was around then, i usually just lurked but have come out of my shell. I've never met anyone from the board but I'd love to buy Marky a drink and talk shop with him while getting loaded. You all seem like a really good group of people.
Ive been fortunate enough to meet Flex, Beaneater and Spiff good times each time. Are you in NYC are, if this covid shit can get under control Id look to get down there for a show maybe and a couple a few drinks. The zoom thing we did last year? was cool a bunch of people were on.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 4:58pm
coffeepotman wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 4:53pm
I've been around for a long time, maybe since Joe died or before if it was around then, i usually just lurked but have come out of my shell. I've never met anyone from the board but I'd love to buy Marky a drink and talk shop with him while getting loaded. You all seem like a really good group of people.
Ive been fortunate enough to meet Flex, Beaneater and Spiff good times each time. Are you in NYC are, if this covid shit can get under control Id look to get down there for a show maybe and a couple a few drinks. The zoom thing we did last year? was cool a bunch of people were on.
Sounds like a plan!

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Happy Birthday IMCT! I can't believe how much time has gone by. I don't remember the exact year I joined, but it was the time the first Rat Patrol CDR surfaced. I was doing a web search for background on Combat Rock outtakes. I just bought Combat Outrock from UK-USA records via mail, and liked it, but the sound was not clear. The search led me to Snoh's Site where he had the newly surfaced CDR with Topper on the cover. He assured me it had better sound quality and we worked out CDR trade through the mail. After the trade was complete, he invited me to visit this forum. I'm glad i did, I love this forum. I wish I could spend more time here. I miss 101, Purple Hayes and Hellboy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 11:40am
Olaf wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 9:49am
The first Satch's Forums comp snohy made in 2002.

Slightly before my time, but I still recognize most of those monikers... dude_guy29 is Inder, right?
Whoa, kory was on this in 2002? Must have been pretty young too. I guess Inder and Eumaas were also teens.

What was the story behind that comp? Each person pick a song?
I jumped on in my first year of college in 2001, I believe, coming over on the Mayflower (the defunct London's Burning board). I believe that was the conceit, but I can't remember why the hell I picked the Call Up. Weird choice.
Last edited by Kory on 12 Jan 2022, 4:23pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 7:51pm
we're not really elitist or devotional
Tell that to the guy who won't give us bootlegs because we're too trainspotter-y and haven't collectively read Juliet, Naked.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 4:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Tell that to the guy who won't give us bootlegs because we're too trainspotter-y and haven't collectively read Juliet, Naked.
Ha! Perverse that an alleged punk fan wouldn't want to share music, but there are assholes everywhere.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 4:33pm
Kory wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 4:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha! Perverse that an alleged punk fan wouldn't want to share music, but there are assholes everywhere.
Especially on the online secondhand book market.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Kory wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 4:19pm
matedog wrote:
Olaf wrote:

Slightly before my time, but I still recognize most of those monikers... dude_guy29 is Inder, right?
Whoa, kory was on this in 2002? Must have been pretty young too. I guess Inder and Eumaas were also teens.

I jumped on in my first year of college in 2001, I believe, coming over on the Mayflower (the defunct London's Burning board). I believe that was the conceit, but I can't remember why the hell I picked the Call Up. Weird choice.
I remember when I first visited the forum, a lot of members had Clash related nick names. I wanted Jimmy Jazz, but it was already taken. I forgot about the London's Burning board. I think there was a link at Jeff''s or Adam's sites

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

daredevil wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 10:23pm
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Olaf wrote:

I remember when I first visited the forum, a lot of members had Clash related nick names. I wanted Jimmy Jazz, but it was already taken. I forgot about the London's Burning board. I think there was a link at Jeff''s or Adam's sites
I was Gutterpoet, and I instantly regretted not making it two words, then I jettisoned it entirely when the board relaunched. Then someone else made a Gutterpoet account to clown on me.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 10:37pm
I was Gutterpoet, and I instantly regretted not making it two words, then I jettisoned it entirely when the board relaunched. Then someone else made a Gutterpoet account to clown on me.
I always assumed that was twigs
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

daredevil wrote:
On the topic of Clash-related usernames, I can't recall anyone appropriating Ellen Foley's in any manner. Perhaps the meanest cut of all.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Wolter wrote:
daredevil wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Olaf wrote:

Someone made a DJ Fontana account too. :shifty:
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 11:03pm
Wolter wrote:
I always assumed that was twigs
We all loved twigs. Good old twigs, much missed recurring character. Hope twigs is good now, wherever they're sticking.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I wouldn't mind changing my name now, i'm pretty sick of it. Still better than with the "pox" suffix though.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I've had the same stupid user name since joining the Weezer boards in 2001 or 2002. It was a stupid joke nickname my neighbor called me in high school back when Nate Dogg (RIP) was still culturally relevant. Lower case "m" always. I use it on beer and Bruce message boards to this day too.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.