The Great IMCT Jamboree and Trade Expo, 2022

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

The Great IMCT Jamboree and Trade Expo, 2022

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Top of the morning, folks!

I've created a Doodle poll to see what works bestest for the mostest people to get together via Zoom: https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/aAnXoAPb

I'm not sure whether Doodle will display for your time zone automatically, but I set it up for Limey time, in honour of my life partner Vince (duh). If it doesn't adjust automatically, figure it out for yourself, I'm not your secretary. The proposed dates are 16 July, 23 July, 30 July, and 6 August—all Saturdays, all starting at 9 pm in Thatcherland. (If you're wondering why 9 July isn't an option, Kory has some kind of nipple fungus surgery to perform.)

It'd be fantastic to have people come together, even if for a short time, to say hi and share some laughs. Even better if we can somehow coax people who have moved on to pop in to let us know that they're doing much better since getting away from the rest of us.

Yours in Terrydom,
Dr. Medulla
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Great IMCT Jamboree and Trade Expo, 2022

Post by Flex »

Thanks for spearheading Doc (did you ever foresee yourself as IMCT's great social butterfly and party planner?)

All these windows seem to work for me.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 9:56am
Thanks for spearheading Doc (did you ever foresee yourself as IMCT's great social butterfly and party planner?)
Ha and good lord no. What's funny (read: horrific) is that my dad was an oppressive organizer. He was always managing get togethers and social events, and always seemed disappointed that people didn't play their role properly. My siblings marvel about his sacrifice and dedication; I just think he was a micro manager who saw people as a problem to be solved. So the Boss finds it very funny that I've arranged a couple of these Zoom thingees. Because the thing is, I don't like leading anything—I revel in anonymity—but I'll do it if need be. Anyway, we're cursed to be our parents I guess.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 10:11am
Ha and good lord no. What's funny (read: horrific) is that my dad was an oppressive organizer. He was always managing get togethers and social events, and always seemed disappointed that people didn't play their role properly. My siblings marvel about his sacrifice and dedication; I just think he was a micro manager who saw people as a problem to be solved. So the Boss finds it very funny that I've arranged a couple of these Zoom thingees. Because the thing is, I don't like leading anything—I revel in anonymity—but I'll do it if need be. Anyway, we're cursed to be our parents I guess.
Some shades of my mother in law there. Very sweet person, but whenever she's hosting an event it's definitely a thoroughly micro-managed affair and as she's told me, the one lesson she's learned from it is "people will always let you down." Seems a bit harsh of an assessment when you're referring to my people, like, not bringing enough cookies or something. Wife and I speculate it's all to manage what's actually pretty major social anxiety. Control the situation, try to have everyone play a role rather than have spontaneity you have to react to on the fly, that sort of thing. Maybe there's something to that.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 10:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 10:11am
Some shades of my mother in law there. Very sweet person, but whenever she's hosting an event it's definitely a thoroughly micro-managed affair and as she's told me, the one lesson she's learned from it is "people will always let you down." Seems a bit harsh of an assessment when you're referring to my people, like, not bringing enough cookies or something. Wife and I speculate it's all to manage what's actually pretty major social anxiety. Control the situation, try to have everyone play a role rather than have spontaneity you have to react to on the fly, that sort of thing. Maybe there's something to that.
My sisters have taken over family gatherings and over-schedule and -manage everything (which is one reason why I rarely attend now). I've argued that people can figure out how to have a good time on their own. If they want to sit and drink beer, let them; if they want to get a game of touch football going, they will. You don't need to slot in "game time" from 1:15 to 2:30, or try to mandate karaoke in the evening. Again, people as a problem to be solved.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Done! The only date I'm not available is the 6th because it's my birthday. But if that is the only date that works for everyone, i will make sure to pop on for at least some of the time.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 11:12am
Done! The only date I'm not available is the 6th because it's my birthday. But if that is the only date that works for everyone, i will make sure to pop on for at least some of the time.
I suspect earlier is better, just because stuff can come up the longer we wait, so I'd be surprised if five weeks away is the best for everyone.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 11:45am
JennyB wrote:
I suspect earlier is better, just because stuff can come up the longer we wait, so I'd be surprised if five weeks away is the best for everyone.
And we might all be dead by then anyway. At least in the US. :twitch:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

My schedule is always subject to change so I will just do my best to attend

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 11:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I wonder if I can add an option: "Might be dead."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 12:04pm
My schedule is always subject to change so I will just do my best to attend
I can't Statler or Waldorf without you!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 12:07pm
JennyB wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 11:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
:kiss:
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 12:07pm
RSVP'ing for others

Pex Lives!

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

as long as its officially announced as a date/time, I will do what I can to participate. Predicting my schedule more than a few days in advance is just not possible. Set a date and time and I will have a better chance of being able to attend, my schedule is unpredictable but flexible.
Yes, my life is a mess.
Yes, I am a mess.
This will be fun .... :twitch:
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Thanks Doc, I chose 7/16 but I'm pretty flexible for just about any of the dates.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung