Lordy, lordy, look who's 40: It's matedog!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Lordy, lordy, look who's 40: It's matedog!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ah, to think you used to be a matepuppy, licking your wiener and humping legs all the time here. Now, just an old matedog who constantly farts in his sleep and stinks up the air.

Happy birthday to you, Andrew, my Clash proxy vote and writer of incisive and funny takedowns of terrible music videos. (I'm going to say it again: whenever I see you've dropped a new write-up on a video, I get a little jumpstart because the work is so good.) You might be the most even-keeled person here, never getting too agitated about the bullshit, always with a strong sense of yourself and what's important. Damn, that's special and generates a lot of envy in me. We're all so damned lucky to have you, a foundation of calm, good humour, and, uh, diverse musical tastes. Keep being excellent!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Lordy, lordy, look who's 40: It's matedog!

Post by Sparky »

Happy Birthday matedog!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

That shirt is confounding jist like the man himself (Matey not Brooce)

Happy birthday Andrew.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I can't believe the other half of Hoyston is 40! I remember him when he was a mere whippersnapper.

Have a great day Andrew and remember it's me and you vs the world.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Happy birthday!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Happy birthday, matey!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Happy 40th Birthday, Hoy! And sorry, I just couldn't resist posting a 40 year old redhead!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

DxS-KBXX0AAb5IB.jpg
DxS-KBXX0AAb5IB.jpg (92.03 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
Happy Birthday, Andrew!!

...and I want to second Doc's praise for your willingness to write up music videos that come from where most of us fear to tread. I hope you have a fantastic day!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 May 2023, 10:12am
Happy 40th Birthday, Hoy! And sorry, I just couldn't resist posting a 40 year old redhead!
Who is that? She looks like a gender-'shopped Carrot Top.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've been on since I was 23 which is insane. And thank you for all tolerating me during my shitshow mid-late 20s

I need this.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 10:37am
JennyB wrote:
No idea - I just googled 40 year old redheads and she came up first. My algorithm is totally fucked now, but I'll do it for Hoy!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 May 2023, 10:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
No idea - I just googled 40 year old redheads and she came up first. My algorithm is totally fucked now, but I'll do it for Hoy!
Because of Heston, Google is always sending me KISS news. On the one hand, I hate having that on my record, but on the other, it provides more material for mocking KISS.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 11:03am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Because of Heston, Google is always sending me KISS news. On the one hand, I hate having that on my record, but on the other, it provides more material for mocking KISS.
Spotify has a "release radar" playlist so that any artist you've listened to at least a few times, they'll add a new release to that playlist. KISS has been pumping out these live archives (that I wish the Clash would do) like every other week so some shitty Animalize tour soundboard song shows up on my playlist every other week.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
09 May 2023, 11:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 11:03am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Spotify has a "release radar" playlist so that any artist you've listened to at least a few times, they'll add a new release to that playlist. KISS has been pumping out these live archives (that I wish the Clash would do) like every other week so some shitty Animalize tour soundboard song shows up on my playlist every other week.
Diabolical! A couple years ago, in my rock class I assigned a book on Rush—I've had so many Rush fans that I threw them a bone—and one student's review claimed that she resented having the author tell her what songs she should listen to and what they meant (*sigh* imagine that, an author making an argument) and that it's so much better no thanks to streaming that people choose what they want. Sweet, sweet summer child …

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
No, she looks great and she should join me for dinner which I'll foot the bill to the tune of 40% to me.

Happy birthday Andrew. We love you.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/