Happy Birthday Laxman

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Happy Birthday Laxman

Post by Sparky »

laxman wrote:
20 May 2023, 11:54am
Sparky wrote:
20 May 2023, 11:47am
Birthday card from your wife is amazing, did she do all of that herself?

The goodies from your friends here on the board are fantastic as well.
I think she would claim she did, but she got it from www.theonemorething.com, looking at the back of it. Great, isn’t it? I think I will need to get it framed. I also need to look in th London Calling scrapbook to see where the two lines at the top come from.
Absolutely, a keeper to frame and display prominently.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Post-birthday lacrosse content for you: https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/alfi ... -1.6889893
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jul 2023, 12:42pm
Post-birthday lacrosse content for you: https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/alfi ... -1.6889893
Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen that sad news but just saw that one of my lacrosse friends who runs a lacrosse equipment company has posted the news. I was in Denver in 2014 for the World Cup that gets referenced, playing for the England old gits in one of the Festival tournaments, so I saw the Iroquois defender try to use his wooden stick. He only needed to look at an opposition attacker and he got sent off, so he had to give up and switch to a plastic stick. It definitely felt like he was being treated harshly but I bet the attackers were relieved!

Amazing skills to make the wooden sticks. I'm pretty sure that Alfie was there selling sticks and demonstrating his skills in making them.

I think it was lucky for me that this wasn't a wooden stick!
14732537441_350e9739c8_o.jpg

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Very belated birthday wishes, laxman
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Belated wishes mate. Hope you had a good one

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

laxman wrote:
03 Jul 2023, 3:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen that sad news but just saw that one of my lacrosse friends who runs a lacrosse equipment company has posted the news. I was in Denver in 2014 for the World Cup that gets referenced, playing for the England old gits in one of the Festival tournaments, so I saw the Iroquois defender try to use his wooden stick. He only needed to look at an opposition attacker and he got sent off, so he had to give up and switch to a plastic stick. It definitely felt like he was being treated harshly but I bet the attackers were relieved!

Amazing skills to make the wooden sticks. I'm pretty sure that Alfie was there selling sticks and demonstrating his skills in making them.

I played lacrosse (not well!) my sophomore year in high school (in Denver, coincidentally). The standard stick for women/girls at the time were wooden. They were really great looking!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

JennyB wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 10:40am
laxman wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I played lacrosse (not well!) my sophomore year in high school (in Denver, coincidentally). The standard stick for women/girls at the time were wooden. They were really great looking!
That stick does look great. I bet they were difficult to use though. My first sticks were wooden and they were quite hard work but the women's design, without the pocket depth, would be much harder. The plastic head sticks have developed so much that the stick control and skills that the women have these days is amazing.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

laxman wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 2:42pm
JennyB wrote:
laxman wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That stick does look great. I bet they were difficult to use though. My first sticks were wooden and they were quite hard work but the women's design, without the pocket depth, would be much harder. The plastic head sticks have developed so much that the stick control and skills that the women have these days is amazing.

They were difficult, but that also could have been chalked up to my lack of lax skill. :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

JennyB wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 2:47pm
laxman wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 2:42pm
JennyB wrote:
laxman wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

They were difficult, but that also could have been chalked up to my lack of lax skill. :)
Ha ha, same here probably.