Newbie alert

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Jericho
Corner Soul

Newbie alert

Post by Jericho »

I've just found this website and gotta say, it's amazing. You guys have done wonders keeping the heritage of The Clash alive. It's gonna take me ages to dig through all the posts. Really am blown away. Cheers to you all.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Newbie alert

Post by Flex »

Welcome! There are some serious archivists here that have made all this possible for us to enjoy, and everyone here is glad when a new fan comes along. Hope you stick around and enjoy the company!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Welcome!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Welcome! It is truly an amazing community, I was a long time lurker before officially joining. The thing that struck me the most was how welcome the long time members made a new comer feel here.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 9:51am
Welcome! It is truly an amazing community, I was a long time lurker before officially joining. The thing that struck me the most was how welcome the long time members made a new comer feel here.
Yeah you eventually dove into the deep end. It never hurts to suss a place out t figure out its the rigbt place to be. But yeah there's a lot of people who have probably spent close to half their life as a member of this board and its endured/thrived outside of the regular social media sink hole that envelopes a lot of people. A lot of us have been able to meetup with other members which is pretty amazing considering how far flung many of us are from each other. I feel closer to many of the people here than I do with people Im in regular real life contact with.

Now where's Kimmelweck is he still in a post Bills collapse funk?

I hope it woks out for you Jericho.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Welcome, this is about the only place I interact online. Some really great people and a great resource for all things Clash!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

motorsmell wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 2:11pm
Welcome, this is about the only place I interact online. Some really great people and a great resource for all things Clash!
And not Clash.

Initiate thread drift...

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 4:53pm
motorsmell wrote:
And not Clash.

Initiate thread drift...
Well yeah, didn't most of us join in order to debate KISS vs. The Replacements "Black Diamond"? :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 5:28pm
revbob wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 4:53pm
motorsmell wrote:
And not Clash.

Initiate thread drift...
Well yeah, didn't most of us join in order to debate KISS vs. The Replacements "Black Diamond"? :mrgreen:
Yes, the opportunity to punch Heston has long been in our recruiting brochure.

(Welcome, new person. I hope you can stay and participate in the annual effort to convince people that Cut the Crap isn't a war crime.)
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Welcome!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Welcome to the community!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Welcome!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Welcome!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Jericho
Corner Soul

Post by Jericho »

motorsmell wrote:
There's some really dedicated and serious Clash fans on here - so good to see. I'm just discovering some "restored' recordings of live gigs. The upgrades are phenomenal. In some cases it looks like I'm too late to the party as some of the links are dead or just gone. Not to worry I'm here for the long run and hopefully one day they may reappear or even be upgraded again as new sources come to light.

This site is an amazing resource of info. So much detail and I'm playing catch up, so it's gonna take a while to get used to the banter and get to know posters.

Thanks to all for the welcome.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Jericho wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 1:05am
motorsmell wrote:
There's some really dedicated and serious Clash fans on here - so good to see. I'm just discovering some "restored' recordings of live gigs. The upgrades are phenomenal. In some cases it looks like I'm too late to the party as some of the links are dead or just gone. Not to worry I'm here for the long run and hopefully one day they may reappear or even be upgraded again as new sources come to light.

This site is an amazing resource of info. So much detail and I'm playing catch up, so it's gonna take a while to get used to the banter and get to know posters.

Thanks to all for the welcome.
Come for the bootlegs but stay for the insane banter.