I need a good boffin.

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: I need a good boffin.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 8:48pm
More me venting than anything else. My sister reaches out because she needs to download and send some bank statements to a lawyer. I say ok but you cant just email the statements they likely have information you dont want to be potentially exposed like that thry need to be encrypted. And they need to be in a somewhat universal format so thd person on the other end can open them. Well she has no computer just an iPhone. So now I gotta walk her tbru all this stuff while she attempts to encrypt the files on what is a glorified toy. Me and my big mouth.
Lawyer? Only drug dealers need lawyers.
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 6:17am
revbob wrote:
More me venting than anything else. My sister reaches out because she needs to download and send some bank statements to a lawyer. I say ok but you cant just email the statements they likely have information you dont want to be potentially exposed like that thry need to be encrypted. And they need to be in a somewhat universal format so thd person on the other end can open them. Well she has no computer just an iPhone. So now I gotta walk her tbru all this stuff while she attempts to encrypt the files on what is a glorified toy. Me and my big mouth.
Well funny enough she is a pharmaceutical sales rep so...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 8:56am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Does she use drug lingo like weed, acid, and “You wanna buy some illegal drugs from me?”
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 9:42am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Does she use drug lingo like weed, acid, and “You wanna buy some illegal drugs from me?”
No but years ago when she just got into it I remember talking to my mom and asking how things were back home and she said something to the effect of "and your sister's still selling the drugs..." No attempt at humor whatsoever just very matter of fact. And I was like WTF she's selling drugs? and she goes "oh you know like for the doctor's offices".

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 10:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 9:42am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
No but years ago when she just got into it I remember talking to my mom and asking how things were back home and she said something to the effect of "and your sister's still selling the drugs..." No attempt at humor whatsoever just very matter of fact. And I was like WTF she's selling drugs? and she goes "oh you know like for the doctor's offices".
That is just exceptional, especially because your mom wasn't trying to be funny.