I need a good boffin.

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: I need a good boffin.

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
24 Dec 2020, 4:10pm
revbob wrote:
24 Dec 2020, 1:43pm
See above posts also

https://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html
lol, "I don't read this thread"

Also, thanks, this worked perfectly!
Weird how we had the same issue in such a tight time period.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Weird question/request. Somehow I've lost the power adapter for my scanner—makes no sense, yet it's gone—so I need to buy a new one. My problem is that I can't find an exact match for what the manual says I need—DC 24V, 0.75A. An eBay auction lists this:
Type: AC to DC Standard
Input: AC 100V - 240V 50-60Hz
Input Connecter standard: 2 or 3 Pin US Plug
DC Output: DC
Connector Size: Barrel Tip

Can anyone point me to an adapter that'll fit what I need?

edit: Never mind. Apparently posting my request was a sufficient offering to the gods, who revealed the existence of a working adapter in a box of junk.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 4:13pm
Weird question/request. Somehow I've lost the power adapter for my scanner—makes no sense, yet it's gone—so I need to buy a new one. My problem is that I can't find an exact match for what the manual says I need—DC 24V, 0.75A. An eBay auction lists this:

edit: Never mind. Apparently posting my request was a sufficient offering to the gods, who revealed the existence of a working adapter in a box of junk.
Cool because there isnt enough info in what you provided.

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/q ... -connector

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 4:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That was my fear. I found adapters that plugged in properly but didn't power it up. Annoying as fuck.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 5:13pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That was my fear. I found adapters that plugged in properly but didn't power it up. Annoying as fuck.
There is no standardization in this area, different manufacturers use different connectors so even if your voltage and amp out put was correct you could still have a plug mismatch. You can buy ones that come with an adjustable voltage output and a variety of tips that you can use.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 5:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 5:13pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

There is no standardization in this area, different manufacturers use different connectors so even if your voltage and amp out put was correct you could still have a plug mismatch. You can buy ones that come with an adjustable voltage output and a variety of tips that you can use.
Just tried scanning and it doesn't work. I have no idea if it's a power issue—enough juice to power up but not enough to scan?—or the scanner is broken. So, fuck.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

So I'm putting together a set of drawers and just noticed in 2 of the drawers I've forgot to put these wedgefixes on the base, reckon they're imperative?
Attachments
20210119_191536.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 3:18pm
So I'm putting together a set of drawers and just noticed in 2 of the drawers I've forgot to put these wedgefixes on the base, reckon they're imperative?
Is that to keep the center guide rail on the underside of the drawers in place?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

revbob wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 6:53pm
BitterTom wrote:
It was just to sturdy the base of each drawer. Probably not essential but took 30 mins taking it all apart again. :rolleyes:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 6:56pm
revbob wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 6:53pm
BitterTom wrote:
It was just to sturdy the base of each drawer. Probably not essential but took 30 mins taking it all apart again. :rolleyes:
Yeah a piece like that is probably something that comes into play more after some usage.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Any Android users have a good music player to recommend ? I have been using Rocket Player but it can no longer update album art. So Im looking for a good player that is also able to update art, edit tags etc.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 9:11pm
Any Android users have a good music player to recommend ? I have been using Rocket Player but it can no longer update album art. So Im looking for a good player that is also able to update art, edit tags etc.
I use mediamonkey, have for years. I mostly use it because it's great for handling large libraries on my desktop and then it has lots of great sync capabilities with their android app (and it can stream from desktop to my google chrome audio which handles hi res audio files). Honestly, I haven't used the android app a ton but it may get the job done for you and it's great if you want a single music ecosystem with phone/desktop.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Also, if you decide you want to buy a Mediamonkey gold key for the desktop version, you can get a 30% discount with the code THANKS-MM5-BETATESTERS until mediamonkey 5.0 is officially released.

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 9:14pm
revbob wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 9:11pm
I use mediamonkey, have for years. I mostly use it because it's great for handling large libraries on my desktop and then it has lots of great sync capabilities with their android app (and it can stream from desktop to my google chrome audio which handles hi res audio files). Honestly, I haven't used the android app a ton but it may get the job done for you and it's great if you want a single music ecosystem with phone/desktop.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/
Cool I wanna say I used it on my PC a lifetime ago

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 9:20pm
Cool I wanna say I used it on my PC a lifetime ago
Yeah, I've been a pretty loyal user since, uh, 2005 or so?

Pex Lives!