I need a good boffin.

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: I need a good boffin.

Post by Silent Majority »

Screenshot_20211110-081928.png
Don't press the big green button to start the album to play in order, but instead press the first track of the album. That'll play in order then.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 4:20am
Screenshot_20211110-081928.png

Don't press the big green button to start the album to play in order, but instead press the first track of the album. That'll play in order then.
I can't get the listing of songs, tho. I do on my iPad, but on my phone it's this:
IMG_0117.PNG
I can't click on any of those tracks that are listed. It's the green button or nuttin'.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not a request for help—tho if anyone can figure out how I can get Spotify to work on my phone the way it does on James', a fresh tofurkey will be in your shoe by morning!—but a whine. This morning my iPad no longer had wifi capability. Not that it couldn't find a network, it was completely greyed out. Went looking online and the solution was updating by plugging into my Mac. Which led to a firmware corruption. Which led to multiple failed restores. Which led to the thing being dead in the water. Which led to a trip to Costco to get a new one because I use my iPad a lot. Which has led now to what will be several days of restoring thousands of books and articles of the new one. On the upside, Spotify works properly on the new iPad. :rolleyes:

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 6:27pm
Not a request for help—tho if anyone can figure out how I can get Spotify to work on my phone the way it does on James', a fresh tofurkey will be in your shoe by morning!—but a whine. This morning my iPad no longer had wifi capability. Not that it couldn't find a network, it was completely greyed out. Went looking online and the solution was updating by plugging into my Mac. Which led to a firmware corruption. Which led to multiple failed restores. Which led to the thing being dead in the water. Which led to a trip to Costco to get a new one because I use my iPad a lot. Which has led now to what will be several days of restoring thousands of books and articles of the new one. On the upside, Spotify works properly on the new iPad. :rolleyes:
Oh man, what a day! Love my technology, we have 2 iPads & 2 Kindles, but I must say, their lack of a HDD or SSD makes me a bit nervous. Hopefully your iCloud will allow you to restore everything.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 7:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Oh man, what a day! Love my technology, we have 2 iPads & 2 Kindles, but I must say, their lack of a HDD or SSD makes me a bit nervous. Hopefully your iCloud will allow you to restore everything.
Nope, no back-up because—more Apple bullshit—I could never back up to an external drive and the iPad was too large for either computer's internal drive. But I have all my books backed up elsewhere, so it's just a matter of manually moving shit over.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Steve Jobs would have wanted it that way.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 8:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Steve Jobs would have wanted it that way.
I take comfort that he's dead and increasingly vilified.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 7:35am

I can't click on any of those tracks that are listed. It's the green button or nuttin'.
That's more songs than are even on the EP.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 7:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The whole thing is fucked. I chatted with my TA and a student after class and neither of them have that screen either. I flat out don't get it.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 7:50pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The whole thing is fucked. I chatted with my TA and a student after class and neither of them have that screen either. I flat out don't get it.
Some research suggests that it's as someone said earlier—unless you have premium only shuffling is available. I don't know if that affects the UI though—did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 1:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 7:50pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Some research suggests that it's as someone said earlier—unless you have premium only shuffling is available. I don't know if that affects the UI though—did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?
Multiple times. I've posted the question and screencap on Spotify's help forum, so we'll see what transpires there. At this point, it's just curiosity for me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Got a reply from a Spotify rep. It's because I'm on a free plan. I replied that that doesn't explain why my iPad interface is different or that other people's phones don't have that interface.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And the latest response:
Keep in mind that the app can vary across devices and types of subscription. As mentioned above, this is a limitation in the mobile app for free users. However, it's possible to play music on demand on the tablet and on the desktop apps.
I'm less than convinced when other phones on the free plan don't have the limitation.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 2:32pm
And the latest response:
Keep in mind that the app can vary across devices and types of subscription. As mentioned above, this is a limitation in the mobile app for free users. However, it's possible to play music on demand on the tablet and on the desktop apps.
I'm less than convinced when other phones on the free plan don't have the limitation.
Honestly this is quite believable.

Do you know someone running the same hardware/software config who doesn't have the problem you're having?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 2:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 2:32pm
And the latest response:
Honestly this is quite believable.

Do you know someone running the same hardware/software config who doesn't have the problem you're having?
Yes, my TA. iPhone, free plan, and she can choose songs from albums. So it's a roll of the dice what types of limitations are put into your account (and varying by device)? That's goofy to me, but what do I know?