I need a good boffin.

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: I need a good boffin.

Post by Heston »

Sparky wrote:
05 May 2021, 4:47pm
Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 4:13pm
Sparky wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:47pm
Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:43pm
Sparky wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:40pm

I'm assuming you're a PC user running W10, if so, try this:

I'm on a laptop with Windows 7 but I will look into This, cheers.
I just Googled it, appears to be the same fix for W7, W8 & W10. Hope it works for you.
Cheers man, I got it working. Much appreciated.
You're welcome, glad to hear it solved it for you. Now the bigger mystery.....how did it vanish in the first place? :huh:
It's a mystery!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 5:03pm
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:43pm

I'm on a laptop with Windows 7 but I will look into This, cheers.
I just Googled it, appears to be the same fix for W7, W8 & W10. Hope it works for you.
You're welcome, glad to hear it solved it for you. Now the bigger mystery.....how did it vanish in the first place? :huh:
It's a mystery!
I heard it was
Somewhere in the distance
Hidden from view
Suspended in the atmosphere
Waiting to come through
Sometimes it's so far away...

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 May 2021, 5:11pm
Heston wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:
Sparky wrote:

It's a mystery!
I heard it was
Hidden from view
Waiting to come through
Yes, my good friend Toyah. ;)
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
05 May 2021, 5:14pm
Marky Dread wrote:
05 May 2021, 5:11pm
Heston wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:

It's a mystery!
I heard it was
Hidden from view
Waiting to come through
Yes, my good friend Toyah. ;)
👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

To any VLC boffins out there, I've been mixing and matching Rat Patrol tracks and when i drop them in VLC they automatically group themselves based on which mix they are from. Even after I change the metadata there doesn't seem to be any change here. Does anyone know how to get VLC to think that all the tracks are from the same album and place them in order?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 May 2021, 6:19pm
To any VLC boffins out there, I've been mixing and matching Rat Patrol tracks and when i drop them in VLC they automatically group themselves based on which mix they are from. Even after I change the metadata there doesn't seem to be any change here. Does anyone know how to get VLC to think that all the tracks are from the same album and place them in order?
I've never used VLC, but are you changing the metadata in it? Can you not change it in something else first?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2021, 7:13pm
Kory wrote:
I've never used VLC, but are you changing the metadata in it? Can you not change it in something else first?
The stuff I'm reading says that changing the metadata within VLC should be enough, but it doesn't seem to be taking for some reason. Do you know another way to change metadata for a FLAC file?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
21 May 2021, 7:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
The stuff I'm reading says that changing the metadata within VLC should be enough, but it doesn't seem to be taking for some reason. Do you know another way to change metadata for a FLAC file?
I use mp3tag, free program
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Assuming you're a Mac guy, I use xACT for FLAC stuff. It does have a tagging option.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:
21 May 2021, 7:22pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I use mp3tag, free program
+1 for MP3tag here as well. In fact, just got an update today. Great, program, ad free too.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Cool, I’ll check these out. Thanks all!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Either my search terms are wrong or this doesn't exist, so I'll ask here. I'm looking for a power adapter brick for a Macbook Air but with more than one usb-c port on it, so a person could simultaneously charge two laptops or phones or tablets or whatever. When I find ones with multiple ports, it's only one usb-c. Anyone have better search skills than me or know that such a beast just doesn't exist?

edit: Never mind. I've finally located one.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 3:07pm
Either my search terms are wrong or this doesn't exist, so I'll ask here. I'm looking for a power adapter brick for a Macbook Air but with more than one usb-c port on it, so a person could simultaneously charge two laptops or phones or tablets or whatever. When I find ones with multiple ports, it's only one usb-c. Anyone have better search skills than me or know that such a beast just doesn't exist?

I think this may be what you're looking for, but I can't seem to get the link to Amazon.com to work, it doesn't appear in this post, even after editing, but here are a couple of screen captures.

Attachments
Amazon 2.jpg
Amazon .jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 3:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I think this may be what you're looking for, but it's kind of pricey.

I found one for CAN$50 with two usb-c ports that handles up to 100W, so it'll do two simultaneously quite nicely.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 3:28pm
Sparky wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 3:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I think this may be what you're looking for, but it's kind of pricey.

I found one for CAN$50 with two usb-c ports that handles up to 100W, so it'll do two simultaneously quite nicely.
Yeah, I completely missed your updated edit, glad you found one that will work for you.