The IMCT observations thread

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 5:17pm
revbob wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 6:00pm
Vimmattu wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 4:58pm
Thanks! It's good to be back. So far...
Quick before Kory spots you...
I wonder if I'm on anyone's foes list.
What does having a "foe list" do for you on this board?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 5:25pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Vimmattu wrote:
Hides a person's posts, mostly. Although you can actively choose to see them if you want. Good for really spammy, annoying people (like me) or people whose posts are so enragingly wrong that you know it'll short circuit your brain and get into dumb internet bickering even against your better judgement (also like me).
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 5:35pm
revbob wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 5:25pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Vimmattu wrote:
Hides a person's posts, mostly. Although you can actively choose to see them if you want. Good for really spammy, annoying people (like me) or people whose posts are so enragingly wrong that you know it'll short circuit your brain and get into dumb internet bickering even against your better judgement (also like me).
Huh. I probably would have used it in the past

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

How many people still have Steve on their foe list despite his banishment?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 6:07pm
What year was that? I feel like I missed a lot of that kerfuffle for some reason.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Fucking foe lists give me a break. How very punk rock.

Ooooh don't annoy me or I'll put you on my foe list. :rolleyes:

As for Steve he has requested a few times to be accepted back here. And has shown contrition and knows he was in the wrong and is happy and more than willing to apologise.

I'm disappointed that we as a community haven't been able to show forgiveness and let him have a second chance.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 6:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
What year was that? I feel like I missed a lot of that kerfuffle for some reason.
Four years ago? It was at Easter, as I recall.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2023, 7:02pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The sacrifice of the Passover Lamb that is freedom of opinion and expression?

I don't know what happened, I was not around that time. I should then keep my mouth shut but a scene from Peaky Blinders just crossed my mind and I could not resist. :shifty:
- Pilled up and rrattling -

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Vimmattu wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 3:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I don't know what happened, I was not around that time. I should then keep my mouth shut but a scene from Peaky Blinders just crossed my mind and I could not resist. :shifty:
But unlike the Romans, when Inder nails someone up, they ain't knocking around three days later.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 6:40am
Vimmattu wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

But unlike the Romans, when Inder nails someone up, they ain't knocking around three days later.
Dumb really because they can still visit here as a guest just can't post. Who'd have thought this place would back censorship when the individual has realised the error of his ways and is remorseful. Not the way forward in my book and makes me want to leave.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 7:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Vimmattu wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Dumb really because they can still visit here as a guest just can't post. Who'd have thought this place would back censorship when the individual has realised the error of his ways and is remorseful. Not the way forward in my book and makes me want to leave.
I don't make those decisions—this is Inder's playpen and I think he's given us 20+ years of reason to trust his judgement; it's not like he's a constantly meddling moderator, so when he does act it carries real weight that we should respect—but I'll say that Steve never demonstrated anything but contempt for the vast majority of people here. Like, sneering, dismissive contempt. Why he would even want to be able to be a part of a community he thought were a bunch of commie morons is beyond me. There are many people who have left us whose return would make the place better, but Steve ain't one of them.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 7:57am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Vimmattu wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I don't make those decisions—this is Inder's playpen and I think he's given us 20+ years of reason to trust his judgement; it's not like he's a constantly meddling moderator, so when he does act it carries real weight that we should respect—but I'll say that Steve never demonstrated anything but contempt for the vast majority of people here. Like, sneering, dismissive contempt. Why he would even want to be able to be a part of a community he thought were a bunch of commie morons is beyond me. There are many people who have left us whose return would make the place better, but Steve ain't one of them.
I never saw those posts you mention. Not that I'm condoning those posts either. But I do sincerely believe in second chances for someone who has seen the error of their ways. If Steve wasn't remorseful for previous behaviour then I would agree with you. We have to leave room for those people that are willing to change. Plus it would be very simple if Steve didn't stick to his wish to change to remove him again.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 9:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Vimmattu wrote:

I never saw those posts you mention. Not that I'm condoning those posts either. But I do sincerely believe in second chances for someone who has seen the error of their ways. If Steve wasn't remorseful for previous behaviour then I would agree with you. We have to leave room for those people that are willing to change. Plus it would be very simple if Steve didn't stick to his wish to change to remove him again.
Ultimately, not my call, but I don't see any injustice at work.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 9:12am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 9:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Ultimately, not my call, but I don't see any injustice at work.
So you don't feel that Steve is capable of change? And if so that is a good thing worthy of a second go?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Does the guy no longer simp for Trump's & the Republican racist, sexist authoritarianism?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/