The IMCT observations thread

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:16am
Silent Majority wrote:
01 Jul 2021, 9:17am
I sailed past my 17,000th post. Let's never lose this board, there'll be no evidence I ever lived.
It's like the IMCT version of crossing the Brimley/Cocoon line. (For those unfamiliar https://brimleyline.date/)
I'll cross the Brimley/Cocoon line on October 9th, 2027. It's a milestone that I didn't know I had to look forward to until today!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:56am
JennyB wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I sailed past my 17,000th post. Let's never lose this board, there'll be no evidence I ever lived.
It's like the IMCT version of crossing the Brimley/Cocoon line. (For those unfamiliar https://brimleyline.date/)
I'll cross the Brimley/Cocoon line on October 9th, 2027. It's a milestone that I didn't know I had to look forward to until today!!
I'm here to serve.

I cross on April 30, 2022!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 10:04am
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I'm here to serve.

I crossed nearly 4 years ago. I swear that guy was born old. Came out of the womb with gray hair, walrus mustache a big gut and cranky as fuck, he never smiled nor laughed in his whole life. Seriously he looked 70 when he made Cocoon.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 10:17am
JennyB wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 10:04am
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I'm here to serve.

I crossed nearly 4 years ago. I swear that guy was born old. Came out of the womb with gray hair, walrus mustache a big gut and cranky as fuck, he never smiled nor laughed in his whole life. Seriously he looked 70 when he made Cocoon.
DIABEETUS
Got a Rake? Sure!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Ahh, all you young whippersnappers are making me feel ancient, since I crossed way back when on March 31, 2013!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Surely it should be from the day his scenes wrapped on set?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 12:19pm
We don't make the rules, James.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

JennyB wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 1:33pm
Silent Majority wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 12:19pm
We don't make the rules, James.
No, we're just prelonging the glorious day I cross that line.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

It’s wild that I post here maybe a few times a week now and I’m still at like 54k. Damn.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I'm still shocked (in a good way) that this place exists. There are many internet message boards. Many have died a slow death over the past decade. I still can't remember how I found this group, but I'm thankful that I did. I've had a rough week (darn you, anxiety), but I always know I can roll in here and find a discussion to not just distract me, but to cheer me up. It's like the internet version of Cheers where everyone knows your name (or at least your IMCT user name). It's more than that, though. It's a place where we hold a wake for a fallen comrade across time zones. It's a place where we have honest discussions about all sorts of things (even sometimes the Clash... though I can't remember the last time I posted something about the band). It's the kind of place where if you're passing through you will actually try and meet up in person (still bummed I couldn't get together with Spiff when we were in the Twin Cities a few weeks ago). That said, if anyone finds themselves in Milwaukee, look me up! I've tried to describe this group to my partner (I've actually been a member longer than I've been with her) and I think she gets it... that I'm actually friends with these people I met online (Rev: I'm having yet another beer). Anyway, here's to all of ya!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 9:21pm
I'm still shocked (in a good way) that this place exists. There are many internet message boards. Many have died a slow death over the past decade. I still can't remember how I found this group, but I'm thankful that I did. I've had a rough week (darn you, anxiety), but I always know I can roll in here and find a discussion to not just distract me, but to cheer me up. It's like the internet version of Cheers where everyone knows your name (or at least your IMCT user name). It's more than that, though. It's a place where we hold a wake for a fallen comrade across time zones. It's a place where we have honest discussions about all sorts of things (even sometimes the Clash... though I can't remember the last time I posted something about the band). It's the kind of place where if you're passing through you will actually try and meet up in person (still bummed I couldn't get together with Spiff when we were in the Twin Cities a few weeks ago). That said, if anyone finds themselves in Milwaukee, look me up! I've tried to describe this group to my partner (I've actually been a member longer than I've been with her) and I think she gets it... that I'm actually friends with these people I met online (Rev: I'm having yet another beer). Anyway, here's to all of ya!
It is a great fucking place. Would be an awesome bar if it existed.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 9:57pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Except when Heston takes over the jukebox on Saturday nights.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 1:01am
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
You'd be rock and rolling all nite...and partly every day.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 1:11am
matedog wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 1:01am
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
You'd be rock and rolling all nite...and partly every day.
Ok this foundation is already showing cracks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just to be clear, I've had a little help in making this place cool. :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft