It's beginning to feel

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: It's beginning to feel

Post by Kory »

Here comes the post-holiday depression right on schedule
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 3:05pm
Comes earlier every year thanks to Madison Avenue.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 7:19am
101Walterton wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 3:38am
laxman wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 3:35am
revbob wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 9:38am
laxman wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 7:57am

I remember those days! Was he one of the main people behind the Satch's Forums compilations too?
Stupid question...what happened to him. I wasn't quite so active back in the day.
I don't know, maybe he just decided he couldn't give all the time any more and it was all or nothing with him. I certainly hope there was no falling out, but I don't recall anything like that.
Don’t think Snoh could fall out with anyone.
My recollection is that he was pretty reverential toward the Clash, esp. Joe, and didn't care for the more snarky and joke-y character of the community as it evolved.
Yep that is my recollection but I didn’t want to stir up any old arguments. Back then there was a lot of regulars and a lot of in jokes etc.. Quite a few of the old regulars, who were there for the Clash, didn’t like the ‘new style of community / posting’ and left around the same time. Snoh was one.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
Yep. We are now moving into Bad Winter.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 4:31pm
Kory wrote:
Yep. We are now moving into Bad Winter.
Yeah, its a good 4-5 months before we get good weather again.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Kory wrote:
Sadly spot on

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 3:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 9:38am

Stupid question...what happened to him. I wasn't quite so active back in the day.
I don't know, maybe he just decided he couldn't give all the time any more and it was all or nothing with him. I certainly hope there was no falling out, but I don't recall anything like that.
My recollection is that he was pretty reverential toward the Clash, esp. Joe, and didn't care for the more snarky and joke-y character of the community as it evolved.
Yep that is my recollection but I didn’t want to stir up any old arguments. Back then there was a lot of regulars and a lot of in jokes etc.. Quite a few of the old regulars, who were there for the Clash, didn’t like the ‘new style of community / posting’ and left around the same time. Snoh was one.
I can appreciate that position entirely, but I'm certain that an entirely serious and on-topic board dedicated to a band whose members are no longer performing would generate lots of dead air and zero community.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 5:22pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
laxman wrote:

I can appreciate that position entirely, but I'm certain that an entirely serious and on-topic board dedicated to a band whose members are no longer performing would generate lots of dead air and zero community.
I guess it was the meeting of the old versus the new. The old being the Clash trading community and die hard fans and the new being the message board community not limited to but with a common interest.
Natural progression once trading ceased to exist with uploads, YouTube etc..

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

The skiing finally starts getting good around now, folks. Buckle up and pray for a long, snow winter imho :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 5:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 5:22pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

I guess it was the meeting of the old versus the new. The old being the Clash trading community and die hard fans and the new being the message board community not limited to but with a common interest.
Natural progression once trading ceased to exist with uploads, YouTube etc..
This is probably true. Once this place stopped being a marketplace, so to speak, something had to fill the void or it'd dry up.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 7:05pm
Once this place stopped being a marketplace, so to speak, something had to fill the void or it'd dry up.

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 7:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Once this place stopped being a marketplace, so to speak, something had to fill the void or it'd dry up.

Everything was going great until that last picture!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 7:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

:lol: Kudos on the very Ratty-like image vomit.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Mixed feelings today, enjoyed the last 2 days amazingly, best Christmas for a long, long time. Now though, the realisation that I'm back in work tomorrow, going back to days of wanting to spend quality time with my family again is making me feel a bit low. On a more positive angle, that low feeling is brought about by how great we made this Christmas and it has been fantastic.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 9:14am
Mixed feelings today, enjoyed the last 2 days amazingly, best Christmas for a long, long time. Now though, the realisation that I'm back in work tomorrow, going back to days of wanting to spend quality time with my family again is making me feel a bit low. On a more positive angle, that low feeling is brought about by how great we made this Christmas and it has been fantastic.
It ain't all bad mate. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia