Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Pets.

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
13 May 2021, 10:42pm
So we went back out to the rescue for the POSSIBILITY of maybe thinking about, in the case of an absolutely perfect match, getting Charley a playmate, and long story short we’re about to go from zero cats in the beginning of April to three cats next Wednesday when their spays are finished.
Hooray! Can't wait for the pics.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
14 May 2021, 10:42am
Wolter wrote:
So we went back out to the rescue for the POSSIBILITY of maybe thinking about, in the case of an absolutely perfect match, getting Charley a playmate, and long story short we’re about to go from zero cats in the beginning of April to three cats next Wednesday when their spays are finished.
Hooray! Can't wait for the pics.b
Unfortunately not until Wed. We didn’t take any and now they’re getting all surgerized and stuff.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
14 May 2021, 11:52am
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Unfortunately not until Wed. We didn’t take any and now they’re getting all surgerized and stuff.
That's OK. I can wait.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
So you'll have three female cats? Experience informs me that you won't have as many health issues—lord, male cats have plumbing designed by a god subcontracting to the mafia—but once they reach adulthood, they aren't terribly friendly to each other. Male cats are more social with other cats. It was like flicking a switch when Charlotte and Zoë decided, nope, we aren't cuddling or playing with each other anymore. They ain't enemies, but roommates sharing the rent.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2021, 3:14pm
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
So you'll have three female cats? Experience informs me that you won't have as many health issues—lord, male cats have plumbing designed by a god subcontracting to the mafia—but once they reach adulthood, they aren't terribly friendly to each other. Male cats are more social with other cats. It was like flicking a switch when Charlotte and Zoë decided, nope, we aren't cuddling or playing with each other anymore. They ain't enemies, but roommates sharing the rent.
I’m hoping for some good old fashioned low key resentment, where they jockey for my affections, but I’m evil like that.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Unfortunately I'll have to second that. We've always had females, but got two males and one female this time, all have been fixed. One of the males has had an ongoing issues with urinary crystals which has been very painful for him and expensive for us. We've had them on a couple of different prescription diets, we think we may have found one that's working for him (fingers crossed).
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
14 May 2021, 3:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I’m hoping for some good old fashioned low key resentment, where they jockey for my affections, but I’m evil like that.
Each of our girls as claimed us. Charlotte is B's cat completely but is otherwise standoffish. Zoë is friendly with all people, but she's especially attached to me. Luke is an attention whore who loves everyone completely. He'll start purring sometimes just if you're within a foot of him.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
14 May 2021, 3:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Unfortunately I'll have to second that. We've always had females, but got two males and one female this time, all have been fixed. One of the males has had an ongoing issues with urinary crystals which has been very painful for him and expensive for us. We've had them on a couple of different prescription diets, we think we may have found one that's working for him (fingers crossed).
Yup, our last male cat was a mess of health issues, especially the urinary tract. That's the reason why, despite male cats being more easy going, we went with two girls when we adopted the next batch—the health problems were just something we didn't want to endure again. So far Luke has been super duper healthy, tho.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2021, 3:57pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Each of our girls as claimed us. Charlotte is B's cat completely but is otherwise standoffish. Zoë is friendly with all people, but she's especially attached to me. Luke is an attention whore who loves everyone completely. He'll start purring sometimes just if you're within a foot of him.
Ali and I both have a strong track record of being cat attractors. Charley basically loves Ali as a snuggling partner and enjoys following me around the house for affection when she’s not snuggling, though those roles aren’t set in stone. The two new ones are both young, but the kitten seems super outgoing and the 7 month old is shy, but very playful.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
14 May 2021, 4:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2021, 3:57pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Ali and I both have a strong track record of being cat attractors. Charley basically loves Ali as a snuggling partner and enjoys following me around the house for affection when she’s not snuggling, though those roles aren’t set in stone. The two new ones are both young, but the kitten seems super outgoing and the 7 month old is shy, but very playful.
Female cats can change when they become adults. Charlotte was all over me as a kitten—to the point that I felt bad that both girls seriously gravitated to me over B—but once she became an adult, nope, I became someone to tolerate because I do the feeding. By no means am I saying that'll happen to you guys, only that female cats are less predictive than males.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

IMG_5186.jpg
IMG_5186.jpg (87.86 KiB) Viewed 1477 times
Slut.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

OMG! What are these people thinking? :ohboy:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
18 May 2021, 8:21pm
OMG! What are these people thinking? :ohboy:
The best part (for me) is that I've occasionally suggested a fourth, another young male, so that Luke will leave the old ladies alone. As opposed to, you know, another young male hassling the old ladies. Fucking cats.