The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 11:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 11:41am
Not covid, but I got my first cold since Bill Gates launched his global conspiracy with Chinese 5G and Big Pharma.
Wow, congrats on becoming the new singer of the mighty mighty bosstones
:lol: I'm also the back-up tromboner.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

FWIW, I got my 4th shot (second booster) earlier this week despite technically not qualifying. I have a friend who works in public health and she highly recommended I get it despite being well under 50 and not autoimmune. She said all internal discussions is they should be allowing boosters for anyone and if you get one nowish you'll still be well lined up for the next iteration of the vaccine which will probably come comingled with your annual flu shot.

So if anyone was on the fence, go get your shot.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
28 May 2022, 2:52pm
FWIW, I got my 4th shot (second booster) earlier this week despite technically not qualifying. I have a friend who works in public health and she highly recommended I get it despite being well under 50 and not autoimmune. She said all internal discussions is they should be allowing boosters for anyone and if you get one nowish you'll still be well lined up for the next iteration of the vaccine which will probably come comingled with your annual flu shot.

If they'll let me, I will.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
28 May 2022, 3:02pm
Flex wrote:

Just schedule an appointment and say you qualify for having a weakened immune system. The pharmacy won't ask any questions when you're there.

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
28 May 2022, 3:39pm
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:

Just schedule an appointment and say you qualify for having a weakened immune system. The pharmacy won't ask any questions when you're there.
I usually do it through Kaiser which is easier but I'll look into it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:

Agreed, we got ours about 3 weeks ago based on our age, better to be protected just in case.
For those who may be unsure if they qualify, don't feel guilty for embellishing a bit on your "condition", there's no shortage of shots, so it's not like your denying someone else an opportunity to get one.

Damn typos!
Last edited by Sparky on 29 May 2022, 11:28am, edited 1 time in total.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I was supposed to travel to europe for work so I got mine since numbers were pretty high in a few ppaces I was heading. Trip was canceled but Im glad I got it.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Transferring my COVID updates from the bad news thread to the good news, we all are seemingly back to normal. As were getting out of it, we booked a flight to see my sis and mom in Maryland. We had been waiting until the little ones could get vaccinated, but the infection took care of that. Haven’t seen my sis in 2 1/2 years and we haven’t met our new daughters yet so this will be great.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
28 May 2022, 3:39pm
Kory wrote:
Flex wrote:

I need to do that and also get my second shingles vax. I just need to find a weekend of downtime.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex

Post by Flex »

First COVID shot for the Little Duder booked for this Wednesday. :cool:

Went with the moderna version. really hate the idea of Pfizer's 3 month timeline for three shots and I'd much rather deal with some side effects in the little man if it means he gets some initial protection from his first dose. the pfizer has such low amounts of vaccine you don't actually stimulate protection at all until shot 3, apparently.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 11:27am

Went with the moderna version. really hate the idea of Pfizer's 3 month timeline for three shots and I'd much rather deal with some side effects in the little man if it means he gets some initial protection from his first dose. the pfizer has such low amounts of vaccine you don't actually stimulate protection at all until shot 3, apparently.
Fingers crossed he rides it out like a champ.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:

That's great news. We were so anxious for these shots until we all got sick. Going to figure out when to get them now, but older daughter turns 5 at the end of August, so we'll probably just wait until then.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:

Im sure he'll be fine, but keep us posted.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:

Good for you, hope everything goes well, which I'm sure it will.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung