Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 2:46pm
JennyB wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 2:32pm
A few weeks after VH, Jr. was born, the then wife of one of VH's coworkers just dropped by unannounced. My mom was there with me. Since you all don't know my mom, she is very thin and very judgmental. This woman immediately starts talking about ren fairs and all of the intricacies involved, such as costume design, etc. Then she starts talking about the hierarchies and shit like that and the look on my mom's face was something I will never forget.
Everyone has weird interests, and that's fine and awesome. Knowing that your interest is weird and therefore not for everybody is what separates the socialized and the scary freaks.

edit: I remember at my (future ex-)friend's wedding, his bride's younger brother, who had the biggest head I've ever seen relative to body, very earnestly went up to one of the groomsmen and said, "Youlikemuppets?" That became our buzzword for weirdo behaviour.
:lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Its still daylight and I just got locked out.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 7:58pm
Is it because you didn't use real hot dog buns?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 8:06pm
revbob wrote:
Im not gonna buy hot dog buns if Im not hosting guests.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 8:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 8:06pm
revbob wrote:
Im not gonna buy hot dog buns if Im not hosting guests.
I ain't wearing pants unless the queen of Cuba shows up.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Hey, does anyone here own a roomba or a knockoff? Given the persistence of cat hair in our home, I've been musing about how useful one of those things would be. I gather the tech has gotten better to avoid tracking thru a hairball and all that, but I'm wondering how loud and effective they are. We also don't have carpeting—hardwood and tile—so it doesn't have to be super powerful.

edit: Actually, I'm leaning against it now. Given that I mostly work from home and those things make the most sense when nobody's around, it doesn't seem right. Looking at a super lightweight cordless vacuum now.
Last edited by Dr. Medulla on 29 Jun 2022, 8:09am, edited 1 time in total.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Wrong em boyo thread!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 7:27am
Hey, does anyone here own a roomba or a knockoff? Given the persistence of cat hair in our home, I've been musing about how useful one of those things would be. I gather the tech has gotten better to avoid tracking thru a hairball and all that, but I'm wondering how loud and effective they are. We also don't have carpeting—hardwood and tile—so it doesn't have to be super powerful.

edit: Actually, I'm leaning against it now. Given that I mostly work from home and those things make the most sense when nobody's around, it doesn't seem right. Looking at a super lightweight cordless vacuum now.
We were looking in to a robotic vacuum last year, but they aren't much quieter than our regular vacuum, which the cats are very afraid of, so we decided not to get one.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 11:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 7:27am

We were looking in to a robotic vacuum last year, but they aren't much quieter than our regular vacuum, which the cats are very afraid of, so we decided not to get one.
Yeah, I'm looking into the cordless stick types right now, where it's essentially a broom. The Tineco looks promising because it seems quieter.

edit: Found the Tineco on sale for a third off, so I grabbed it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Got the new vacuum and am perversely thrilled at using it. Me from thirty years ago would look at current me and start looking into assisted suicide options.

edit: My brain dredged up this weird video from some arty 80s Canadian synth band.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Attachments
stranger things.jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 6:31pm
tepista wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 6:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 5:06pm
Had a fridge repairman in this afternoon (our fridge has never dispensed water or ice; never been a big deal so we haven't fixed it, but I decided to finally get it done) and he was Russian or Eastern European. I liked getting that cinematic bonus from the experience.
In Russia, ice come to you.
Wottacountry!
Repair guy came back yesterday to install the new part and the ice maker is now pooping out chunks of frozen water.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Seems this could apply to someone.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »