MLB 2022

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Re: MLB 2022

Post by weller259 »

Flex wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 10:26am
Im getting a.on board with the mets beating the Yankees in a WS.
I am all for this as well. :mrgreen:
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heart of hearts, I'll take Milwaukee against any of the contenders (as long as the Brewers win). But I'll take the Mets against the Yankstros. I could also back the Clevelands or the Inderjays.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 10:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 9:49am
Flex wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 9:38am
Am I reading this right that yankees stadium has actually been a slight pitchers park the last few seasons? https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderbo ... rk-factors
That doesn't break down where the homers go. Left and centre are a depth where the adults play. Right field is the tee-ball, everyone-gets-a-homer side.
Right, I just think it's interesting that even with that "feature" it's been a slight pitcher's park.

Im getting a.on board with the mets beating the Yankees in a WS.
Well they certainly wont be beating the Red Sox again this year.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Seeing Andrew Supernintendochalmers suck in a Yankee uniform is pleasing, but it's made me wonder who was the last former Red Sox player who has been a dud for the Yanks. Damon immediately comes to mind, but has there been anyone more recently? It always seemed like a firm rule that a former Yankee who ended up would be dead lousy, but maybe it goes the other way, too.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2022, 2:54pm
Seeing Andrew Supernintendochalmers suck in a Yankee uniform is pleasing, but it's made me wonder who was the last former Red Sox player who has been a dud for the Yanks. Damon immediately comes to mind, but has there been anyone more recently? It always seemed like a firm rule that a former Yankee who ended up would be dead lousy, but maybe it goes the other way, too.
Tacoby Ellsbury was probably an all time lousy signing for the Yanks. Did they just finish paying him last year or something?

Addendum: not even last year, final payout to Taco was this year as part of a legal settlement: https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yank ... er-report/
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
21 Aug 2022, 3:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Tacoby Ellsbury was probably an all time lousy signing for the Yanks. Did they just finish paying him last year or something?

Addendum: not even last year, final payout to Taco was this year as part of a legal settlement: https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yank ... er-report/
It's baffling how he fell off a cliff like that. One of my favourite memories of him was stealing home off Petitte.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Damon had some decent production in NY. His arm still sucked but his hitting was pretty decent as I recall.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Aug 2022, 4:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Damon had some decent production in NY. His arm still sucked but his hitting was pretty decent as I recall.
Whoops, I meant the last ex-Red Sock who wasn't a dud. That was definitely Damon—very good FA signing by youse guys.

And, because I shit on him earlier, Supernintendochalmers hits a go-ahead homer.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2022, 3:27pm
Flex wrote:
21 Aug 2022, 3:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's baffling how he fell off a cliff like that. One of my favourite memories of him was stealing home off Petitte.
:angry: :angry:

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I was thinking about Brett Gardner again. The guy is a free agent. He sort of deserves a better ending to his career than being a balloon that simply floated off.

ETA...fuck you, Mets.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Seeing Andrew Supernintendochalmers suck in a Yankee uniform is pleasing,
Game winning HR yesterday and two RBI and a run scored tonight. Looks like maybe he's turning it around.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 9:03pm
I was thinking about Brett Gardner again. The guy is a free agent. He sort of deserves a better ending to his career than being a balloon that simply floated off.

ETA...fuck you, Mets.
He still serves man.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I read about that. As much as I'm sure he'd like to die on a ballfield, y'know, Bill, maybe you are too old for that stuff now.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Benitendi with the go ahead/winning RBI tonight.