What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 8:33pm
revbob wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 10:05pm
revbob wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 9:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 8:53pm
The Boss has promised to take me on a blitz of Chinatown grocers this weekend. After that, seemingly, I'm allowed to declare war on humanity.
I see hijinks ahead.
The possibility that a city of 1M doesn't not offer this item is profoundly depressing.
20221207_184436.jpg

Is this the spice you seek?
Is there any fine print on the label about it not being legal in Canada? :mrgreen:
I immediately googled the brand and whether it's distributed in Canada. It is, but I could find any retailers that handle it. I mean, this is getting to obsession territory just because the planets seem aligned against me. I've found a Korean grocer that I might hike to tomorrow in lieu of a row—depends on the weather. I've pretty much decided that if they don't carry it, yeah, I'm in a Twilight Zone script.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 9:22pm
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 9:12pm

I see hijinks ahead.
The possibility that a city of 1M doesn't not offer this item is profoundly depressing.
20221207_184436.jpg

Is there any fine print on the label about it not being legal in Canada? :mrgreen:
I immediately googled the brand and whether it's distributed in Canada. It is, but I could find any retailers that handle it. I mean, this is getting to obsession territory just because the planets seem aligned against me. I've found a Korean grocer that I might hike to tomorrow in lieu of a row—depends on the weather. I've pretty much decided that if they don't carry it, yeah, I'm in a Twilight Zone script.
Trader Joe's sells it but apparently they dont operate in Canada.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 10:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

20221207_184436.jpg

I’ll bet Trudeau is behind this somehow!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 10:29pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:

20221207_184436.jpg

He's got a plans for a Commercant Guy's

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 10:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Tabernac!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I'm heavily invested to see the end of this story now. Whether you get the black garlic powder again, just once more or on the regular, before you die or not, it's going to be a satisfying conclusion. The pleasure is waiting to see which one is the denouement.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 7:22am
revbob wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 10:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Tabernac!
That's such a terrible swear word but also very fitting for that region.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 7:34am
I'm heavily invested to see the end of this story now. Whether you get the black garlic powder again, just once more or on the regular, before you die or not, it's going to be a satisfying conclusion. The pleasure is waiting to see which one is the denouement.
Im probably going to do some pork chops tonight so we'll see how it goes.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

revbob wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 9:02am
Silent Majority wrote:
Im probably going to do some pork chops tonight so we'll see how it goes.
I am on the edge of my seat.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Posting my complaint has had the effect of amping up my frustration, so I'm more committed to this now than I should be. But, yeah, there's a place about 5 kms away that I'm going to walk to this morning. If a fucking Korean grocer doesn't carry it, I'll probably break down and weep.

(Also, in my mind, I'll walk in and there'll be a whole section dedicated only to black garlic and I'll be overwhelmed by choice.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 9:24am
Silent Majority wrote:
Posting my complaint has had the effect of amping up my frustration, so I'm more committed to this now than I should be. But, yeah, there's a place about 5 kms away that I'm going to walk to this morning. If a fucking Korean grocer doesn't carry it, I'll probably break down and weep.

(Also, in my mind, I'll walk in and there'll be a whole section dedicated only to black garlic and I'll be overwhelmed by choice.)
Couldn't you call them?

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Silent Majority wrote:

I'm invested as well. We need a podcast. In Search of Black Garlic.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 10:37am
Silent Majority wrote:

There needs to be video of Doc walking down the street ranting and arguing with shop owners.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 10:54am
Mimi wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

There needs to be video of Doc walking down the street ranting and arguing with shop owners.
You're right. Visuals would be better. For us.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 11:03am
revbob wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 10:54am
Mimi wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

You're right. Visuals would be better. For us.
Yes our entertainment is paramount