MLB 2022

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: MLB 2022

Post by Flex »

Inder wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 10:53pm
Plenty of room on the Leafs wagon, fellas. 😎
Sorry, I've been watching every Bruins game this season :cool: :cool: :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Gary Sanchez’s agent blames Yankees for ‘emotional baggage’ as catcher looks for new team :rolleyes:
https://nypost.com/2022/12/07/yankees-g ... agent/amp/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 9:29am
Gary Sanchez’s agent blames Yankees for ‘emotional baggage’ as catcher looks for new team :rolleyes:
Well, you try catching a pitch when the team makes you carry all that emotional baggage!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 9:34am
revbob wrote:
Well, you try catching a pitch when the team makes you carry all that emotional baggage!
I do feel sorry for the guy but the organization waited longer than most would to cut ties. As a Yankees fan I really wanted h to succeed and I do wish him well. I guess the only fault I can see with the Yankees was not unloading him sooner maybe he could have turned things around in a smaller market.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 10:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I do feel sorry for the guy but the organization waited longer than most would to cut ties. As a Yankees fan I really wanted h to succeed and I do wish him well. I guess the only fault I can see with the Yankees was not unloading him sooner maybe he could have turned things around in a smaller market.
I recall reading stories of Yankees coaches being frustrated with him that he refused to learn to improve is defence. He had his technique and no one could tell him different. Look at the results, all those passed balls. Plus, before they instituted the mound visit rule, they guy was going out constantly. Dude just isn't a MLB catcher.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 10:10am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I recall reading stories of Yankees coaches being frustrated with him that he refused to learn to improve is defence. He had his technique and no one could tell him different. Look at the results, all those passed balls. Plus, before they instituted the mound visit rule, they guy was going out constantly. Dude just isn't a MLB catcher.
No he wasn't, realistically he was a DH who they tried to turn into a catcher Pitchers didn't like him and when he lost his batting eye there wasn't much left

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 10:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
No he wasn't, realistically he was a DH who they tried to turn into a catcher Pitchers didn't like him and when he lost his batting eye there wasn't much left
I have a memory of Ratty going on about his arm, but even so, that ain't good enough. He's a DH/1B … if he can still hit.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Not everyone can be Jorge Posada. :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 10:59am
revbob wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 10:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I have a memory of Ratty going on about his arm, but even so, that ain't good enough. He's a DH/1B … if he can still hit.
He did have a good arm and early on he caught a lot of runners but those stats like his hitting stats declined over time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 11:05am
To my knowledge, no, Sanchez doesn't pee on his hands.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 11:23am
Mimi wrote:
You mean not willing to put in the work.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 11:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
You mean not willing to put in the work.
Strictly speaking, if I were instructed to piss on my hands every day, I'd consider that work.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 10:57pm
Inder wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 10:53pm
Plenty of room on the Leafs wagon, fellas. 😎
Sorry, I've been watching every Bruins game this season :cool: :cool: :cool:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

He's just in touch with his emotions!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
It's either pine tar or pee. What do you want from him?