so... what's your favorite picture of yourself?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: so... what's your favorite picture of yourself?

Post by laxman »

laxman wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 3:12am
revbob wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 6:41pm
laxman wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 5:32pm
R-3358298-1327234106.jpeg.jpg
What's the story behind this mix?
It was a freebie on the front of Uncut magazine, which was from the makers of the NME, I think.
https://mega.nz/file/osZF3QLI#9QrDGsmnW ... vs65TAt-QQ

Enjoy!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 3:07am
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 6:02pm
laxman wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 4:42pm
IMG_0271.JPG
I spot the Lipstick Traces cd top right with Joe's inbetween song banter from the Roundhouse. ;)

A couple of those are made by you?

Or did the Sandinista! Project get an official release on cd. I thought it was a download only.
None of them were home mad, the Sandinista! Project did get a release, very nice it looks too. I'll scan it in later.

Lipstick Traces; yes bought for a few seconds of song banter. I actually thought it was going to be when he had a radio and it was put on echo, which I don't think is on any bootleg, but instead it was something we had already. Never mind, some good tracks on there too. , including Kleenex/Liliput.
Yeah I really like the Sandinista! Project. I'll have to see if I can source a physical copy. Yeah that radio with echo is from the 100 club gig. Dave Goodman did the sound and put echo on Joe's transistor that just happened to be broadcasting about an IRA bombing. It's on my remaster so you should have it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 7:38am
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
IMG_0271.JPG
I spot the Lipstick Traces cd top right with Joe's inbetween song banter from the Roundhouse. ;)

Or did the Sandinista! Project get an official release on cd. I thought it was a download only.
None of them were home mad, the Sandinista! Project did get a release, very nice it looks too. I'll scan it in later.

Lipstick Traces; yes bought for a few seconds of song banter. I actually thought it was going to be when he had a radio and it was put on echo, which I don't think is on any bootleg, but instead it was something we had already. Never mind, some good tracks on there too. , including Kleenex/Liliput.
Yeah I really like the Sandinista! Project. I'll have to see if I can source a physical copy. Yeah that radio with echo is from the 100 club gig. Dave Goodman did the sound and put echo on Joe's transistor that just happened to be broadcasting about an IRA bombing. It's on my remaster so you should have it.
Thanks, I must have heard it in that case. Old age, hey? :)

A couple on Discogs;

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2107226?ev=rb

The blog of the person who pulled it together, with pdfs of the cover and booklet (saved me a scanning job).

http://sandinista.guterman.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 7:50am
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
IMG_0271.JPG

A couple on Discogs;

The blog of the person who pulled it together, with pdfs of the cover and booklet (saved me a scanning job).

Yeah I grabbed those pdfs previously. I'll have a think on the Discogs one from China as there's a ton of stuff on my list as usual. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 8:24am
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

A couple on Discogs;

Yeah I grabbed those pdfs previously. I'll have a think on the Discogs one from China as there's a ton of stuff on my list as usual. ;)
You guys talking vinyl?

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

revbob wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 8:35am
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

A couple on Discogs;

You guys talking vinyl?
No, it was issued on CD, or rather that is what I have.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
IMG_0271.JPG
I thought I was the only person to have a copy of that! I was amazed when I saw it at a market stall in Camden I think.
I read (or tried to read) Lipstick Traces when it first appeared and was amazed that there was clearly a recording of that Clash 1976 Roundhouse gig since Joe’s chat was transcribed in such detail. I think the book actually mentioned the tape. It drove me mad with frustration, I thought I’d never be able to hear it.
Then I found the CD- which is a sort of audio soundtrack to the book rather than a musical compilation, what with that Dada poetry and stuff- and cued up ‘Joe Strummer stage rap’ or whatever the track is called... great stuff, if slightly awkward.
Then at the end he says, ‘here’s a song called Mark Me Absent....’ (right?) ... and the track fades out!! Frustration again.
Thankfully a few years later I found the ‘5 Go Mad in the Roundhouse’ boot, and equilibrium was restored

PS the Sandinista Project is great too
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

laxman wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 8:43am
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

A couple on Discogs;

You guys talking vinyl?
Amazon selling it for $6.50

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

revbob wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 9:01am
laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

A couple on Discogs;

You guys talking vinyl?
Never thought of looking there! Marky there are some on Amazon UK.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

laxman wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 4:49am
laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
laxman wrote:
It was a freebie on the front of Uncut magazine, which was from the makers of the NME, I think.

Enjoy!
Bump, in case this gets lost.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 9:12am
revbob wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 9:01am
laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

You guys talking vinyl?
Never thought of looking there! Marky there are some on Amazon UK.
Just bought a copy from Amazon UK. Thanks Laxman and Revbob appreciated.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

laxman wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 9:13am
laxman wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 4:49am
laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
laxman wrote:

Enjoy!
Bump, in case this gets lost.
Thanks for that, laxman. Now I'd like one for Memphis and Berlin, please. ;)
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

JohnS wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 8:46am

Thankfully a few years later I found the ‘5 Go Mad in the Roundhouse’ boot, and equilibrium was restored

Thank God for that. You really took me on an emotional roller coaster ride with that story.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 3:38pm
JohnS wrote:

Thank God for that. You really took me on an emotional roller coaster ride with that story.
Wait 'til he tells you the one about understanding the flies buzzing 'round his head in the summer.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 6:58am
Olaf wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 3:38pm
JohnS wrote:

Wait 'til he tells you the one about understanding the flies buzzing 'round his head in the summer.
You know my home so well, Marky.

And Olaf - if you think that tale was bad, I'm living with a shoelace that is fraying and about to break any day while tying my shoes. I can't stand it any more, I tell ya...
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres