The Good Tweets Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Good Tweets Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This is gold medal work:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 8:51pm
This is gold medal work:
PresidentDawg/status/1357897612922339329
Amazing. I choked with laughter at the update.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Flex

Post by Flex »

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 9:18am
BudrykZack/status/1591192398998011906
lol

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Rei: The Good Tweets Thread

Post by Low Down Low »

Call it a hunch but I've always got the impression Ben might not be the sharpest tool in the box.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Rei: The Good Tweets Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 6:09am
Call it a hunch but I've always got the impression Ben might not be the sharpest tool in the box.

He is the classic "dumb person's idea of a smart person."

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 7:19am
Low Down Low wrote:

This my first time seeing him. Every time someone says Ben Shapiro I conjure up an image of Ben Stein.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

revbob wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 9:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

This my first time seeing him. Every time someone says Ben Shapiro I conjure up an image of Ben Stein.
Anytime the likes of Shapiro or Peterson crop up, I can never stop wondering is it some big grift with them or would they always score the perfect 10 on the Dunning-Kruger scale. Inclined to think it's edging more towards the latter.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 9:22am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Anytime the likes of Shapiro or Peterson crop up, I can never stop wondering is it some big grift with them or would they always score the perfect 10 on the Dunning-Kruger scale. Inclined to think it's edging more towards the latter.
Oh yeah, they fully reside up their own ass because it smells like violets. But they’re also drunk on the validation of others who confirm their own brilliance.

I read a little piece yesterday from a medical person (not sure whether they were a researcher or practitioner) who was surprised by the effect of the pandemic on their community. Some found social media good for getting out information to a wide group of people, some didn’t care for it because of all the misinformation. But what was surprising was how many got addicted to the feedback, so they posted more and more and pushed the ethical boundaries because of that, for better or worse, validation. As with so many things, when provoking a reaction is the aim, it becomes an escalating campaign to get that reaction.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 9:39am
Low Down Low wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 9:22am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Oh yeah, they fully reside up their own ass because it smells like violets. But they’re also drunk on the validation of others who confirm their own brilliance.

I read a little piece yesterday from a medical person (not sure whether they were a researcher or practitioner) who was surprised by the effect of the pandemic on their community. Some found social media good for getting out information to a wide group of people, some didn’t care for it because of all the misinformation. But what was surprising was how many got addicted to the feedback, so they posted more and more and pushed the ethical boundaries because of that, for better or worse, validation. As with so many things, when provoking a reaction is the aim, it becomes an escalating campaign to get that reaction.
That was something that definitely caught my attention during the pandemic, how suddenly this whole new world of attention and publicity was open to a group of people who, for the most part, did their thing off broadway, well out of the spotlight. There's no crime in it, but I can see how a discipline so closely associated with academic and scientific rigour would sit uncomfortably in a medium where truth can be a very tricky concept to pin down.