I saw Tep today, a little worried about him...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: I saw Tep today, a little worried about him...

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 12:28pm
JennyB wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 12:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 5:49pm
Spiff wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 5:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 9:41pm

All this seems like work. Advice for the lazy serial killer?
A wood chipper, à la Fargo.
Ha! I saw Fargo with my then roommate (actually, former roommate by that point), who grew up on a farm. He identified the sound of wood chipper immediately—before we saw it—and gasped, "Oh shit."
That's an incredible moment to have been a part of. The only good thing from the 90s is the gift that keeps on giving.
Now that you raise it, I will grant that the 90s produced a number of quite decent movies. Garbage music, but decent movies.
True. Fargo being the best of them. :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 2:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 5:44pm

A wood chipper, à la Fargo.
Ha! I saw Fargo with my then roommate (actually, former roommate by that point), who grew up on a farm. He identified the sound of wood chipper immediately—before we saw it—and gasped, "Oh shit."
That's an incredible moment to have been a part of. The only good thing from the 90s is the gift that keeps on giving.
Now that you raise it, I will grant that the 90s produced a number of quite decent movies. Garbage music, but decent movies.
Hoy to say something about Empire Records in 3 … 2 …
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 2:14pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I like that movie too
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 2:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I like that movie too
*sigh* Where's my will and a bottle of white-out?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 2:29pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I like that movie too
You should be pleased that all millennials wanted to be X when they were growing up

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 3:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I like that movie too
You should be pleased that all millennials wanted to be X when they were growing up
Dumb, foolish kids. The best thing about Xers is we don't think the universe spins around us like Boomers do. Beyond that, collectively there's not much to recommend us. I've told students not to expect much from generation in terms of solving social problems—they have to seize the initiative and tell their elders to fuck off.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 3:21pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I like that movie too
Dumb, foolish kids. The best thing about Xers is we don't think the universe spins around us like Boomers do. Beyond that, collectively there's not much to recommend us. I've told students not to expect much from generation in terms of solving social problems—they have to seize the initiative and tell their elders to fuck off.
You mean as opposed to their generation just naturally developing toward the progressive, thus decreasing the amount of rightwingers in the world?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 4:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I like that movie too
You mean as opposed to their generation just naturally developing toward the progressive, thus decreasing the amount of rightwingers in the world?
Well, yes, I take comfort in mortality rates. But my point is that while it's Xers' "turn" to lead, younger people shouldn't expect anything good from us and should instead force their way forward. Our formative years were the 80s and 90s, and even those who didn't eat up the neoliberal bullshit are too jaundiced to be much good.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 4:26pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Well, yes, I take comfort in mortality rates. But my point is that while it's Xers' "turn" to lead, younger people shouldn't expect anything good from us and should instead force their way forward. Our formative years were the 80s and 90s, and even those who didn't eat up the neoliberal bullshit are too jaundiced to be much good.
Oh yeah I see what you mean now. I misread your last post, I thought you were saying not to expect much from generation in general—it looks like you missed the word "our" before it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 4:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Oh yeah I see what you mean now. I misread your last post, I thought you were saying not to expect much from generation in general—it looks like you missed the word "our" before it.
Whoops, you're right—I meant my generation. Mea culpa.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 5:12pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Bass solo!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 7:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 5:12pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Bass solo!
A rush to the toilets ensues.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Attachments
20220806_091234.jpg
20220806_091234.jpg (181.41 KiB) Viewed 512 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »