I saw Tep today, a little worried about him...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: I saw Tep today, a little worried about him...

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 10:57am
tepista wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 10:55am
Is that Lisa Rinna from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?
Before the lip debacle.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 8:11pm
Kory wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 7:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 8:25pm
Kory wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 7:57pm

I can corroborate this.
Are you coming out?
I've been out as pansexual to my local friends for many years now, but not to my parents (the reason for which I alluded to in the other thread). It doesn't usually come up while talking about DMB here, though.
Interesting! That is, in my punk class last term, one of my students said he identifies as pansexual (I also had two lesbians and one asexual student). What was interesting is that he said that if he hadn't encountered the term/concept, he never would have been able to properly express his identity. Maybe he would have said he was gay, maybe straight. It ended up being a really good discussion about identity and the value of finding those concepts that allow you to express yourself. I talked about it afterwards with a colleague (lesbian) and we both kind of marveled at the diversity of gender identity in recent years. Young people are far more comfortable with that than, say, race.
It's an interesting term because it's a little more at the mercy of shifting winds with terminology and identity. I don't know if it's a word I'll continue to use (not that I do very often), but I find "bisexual" to be too limiting in today's climate.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 9:12pm
Kory wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 7:34pm
1. Carter
2. Stefan
3. Butch (honorary)
4. LeRoi
5. Dave
6. Boyd (leather vest)
Carter
Butch
Stefan
LeRoi
Rashawn
Dave :cool:
Tim
Boyd
Jeff (sorry Doc)

Not enough data: Buddy Strong, Peter Griesar

Oh, and appreciate that you feel comfortable enough to share your personal shit here, pal.
Oh yeah I forgot Tim. I'm not familiar enough with the new group to comment on Rashawn, but I'm VERY familiar with Jeff and his awful goatee from the Flecktones. He's at the bottom for me too.

and thanks!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 9:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 9:26pm
revbob wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 9:02pm
Kory wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 7:34pm
Flex wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 7:30pm

We could start a thread ranking dmb members by hotness
1. Carter
2. Stefan
3. Butch (honorary)
4. LeRoi
5. Dave
6. Boyd (leather vest)
What about Hootie?
It’s a mistake to separate Hootie from the Blowfish. They may break down into distinct parts, but they are a singular entity. One terrible, absolutely shitty singular entity that makes good people question whether a loving god exists.
I thought DMB = HATBF.
I doubt the Blowfish could jam their way out of a paper bag.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 2:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 7:57pm

I can corroborate this.
Are you coming out?
I've been out as pansexual to my local friends for many years now, but not to my parents (the reason for which I alluded to in the other thread). It doesn't usually come up while talking about DMB here, though.
Interesting! That is, in my punk class last term, one of my students said he identifies as pansexual (I also had two lesbians and one asexual student). What was interesting is that he said that if he hadn't encountered the term/concept, he never would have been able to properly express his identity. Maybe he would have said he was gay, maybe straight. It ended up being a really good discussion about identity and the value of finding those concepts that allow you to express yourself. I talked about it afterwards with a colleague (lesbian) and we both kind of marveled at the diversity of gender identity in recent years. Young people are far more comfortable with that than, say, race.
It's an interesting term because it's a little more at the mercy of shifting winds with terminology and identity. I don't know if it's a word I'll continue to use (not that I do very often), but I find "bisexual" to be too limiting in today's climate.
That's the impression I got from him—that bisexual was limiting and the existence of a more open and encompassing word/concept like pansexual just seemed right, or more right. Language catching up to reality.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 2:28pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Are you coming out?
That's the impression I got from him—that bisexual was limiting and the existence of a more open and encompassing word/concept like pansexual just seemed right, or more right. Language catching up to reality.
I definitely like it more than "omnisexual" which seems a little to grand and silly sounding to me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 3:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I definitely like it more than "omnisexual" which seems a little to grand and silly sounding to me.
Omni has that godlike feel to it. Maybe cos of omniscient. The worst thing about pan is connotations with goat legs and Zamfir.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 3:46pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Omni has that godlike feel to it. Maybe cos of omniscient. The worst thing about pan is connotations with goat legs and Zamfir.
For some of us, that's a feature, not a bug.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 4:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

You know what this Zamfir song needs? A bass solo!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 4:47pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No harm in that, if it's done sensibly.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 5:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 5:58pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hey, Stu Hamm

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 6:01pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Hey, Stu Hamm
He was the first hit I got for bass solo.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 6:03pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hey, Stu Hamm
Funny, I'd have thought Jaco or Wooten. Hamm is alright but he's a little too rock-leaning for me.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 6:04pm
revbob wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 6:03pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:

Hey, Stu Hamm
Funny, I'd have thought Jaco or Wooten. Hamm is alright but he's a little too rock-leaning for me.
Yeah Wooten was 2nd. I probably should have gone for Geddy Lee or something.