I saw Tep today, a little worried about him...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: I saw Tep today, a little worried about him...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 3:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 6:24am
Kory wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 11:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 7:37pm
Kory wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 7:22pm

True enough, I actually have three (3) songs on the album about how much I resent work.
Son, that kind of attitude won't get you the corner office. Jenkins here plays racquetball with the VP-Finance every Thursday morning and writes songs about how much he loves working weekends.
It's good to possess that kind of self-knowledge before you die.
I've been aware of it since 2004, still waiting to die.
Hobbies & Interests
Waiting to die: 2004–present
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 3:10pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 7:37pm

Son, that kind of attitude won't get you the corner office. Jenkins here plays racquetball with the VP-Finance every Thursday morning and writes songs about how much he loves working weekends.
Hobbies & Interests
It doesn't give my potential employers much confidence in me, but fuck 'em.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 3:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Hobbies & Interests
You're a good person to have on staff when symbolic cuts need to be made. I think I've served that purpose in a number of places.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 3:29pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hobbies & Interests
You're a good person to have on staff when symbolic cuts need to be made. I think I've served that purpose in a number of places.
I've made it through 3 layoffs at my org since 2020, I must be doing something right...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 3:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Hobbies & Interests
I've made it through 3 layoffs at my org since 2020, I must be doing something right...
Sounds like someone wants to live a bit too much!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 3:54pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hobbies & Interests
Sheer happenstance, I assure you

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 3:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Yet every damned one on your employee evaluations specifically mentions "Stayed alive during the entire previous fiscal year. Tied for first in the company."

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 4:11pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yet every damned one on your employee evaluations specifically mentions "Stayed alive during the entire previous fiscal year. Tied for first in the company."
I'm the most alive one, somehow.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 5:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

If it were a Twilight Zone episode, at the end you'd smile and decide you wanted to live, and then you'd get run over by a moped and knocked into a raging river.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 5:52pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

If it were a Twilight Zone episode, at the end you'd smile and decide you wanted to live, and then you'd get run over by a moped and knocked into a raging river.
THERE WAS TIME NOW

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 7:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 5:52pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

THERE WAS TIME NOW
I want to reiterate that I am officially against that episode. The essence of most TZ—the best TZ—is of a kind of poetic justice, where the good eventually get their reward, the assholes get the shiv. But the Penguin wasn't doing anything wrong. All he wanted to do was be left alone to enjoy reading, hectored and harassed by a shew of a wife and a prick of a boss. And when he finally gets his chance, bad luck fucks him one last time. It's just a relentless picking-on-the-nerd episode. It bugs me that it's regarded as inner-circle TZ when it's just mean spirited.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 7:50pm

I want to reiterate that I am officially against that episode. The essence of most TZ—the best TZ—is of a kind of poetic justice, where the good eventually get their reward, the assholes get the shiv. But the Penguin wasn't doing anything wrong. All he wanted to do was be left alone to enjoy reading, hectored and harassed by a shew of a wife and a prick of a boss. And when he finally gets his chance, bad luck fucks him one last time. It's just a relentless picking-on-the-nerd episode. It bugs me that it's regarded as inner-circle TZ when it's just mean spirited.
I like the "no matter what you do you're fucked" message. I'm trying to think of another where someone who did nothing wrong gets screwed without a moral tale, I can't off the top of my head.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 7:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I like the "no matter what you do you're fucked" message. I'm trying to think of another where someone who did nothing wrong gets screwed without a moral tale, I can't off the top of my head.
Leaving aside whether you like that message—I don't care for it, but I can appreciate its appeal—it's just not a TZ theme. Maybe The Outer Limits did that shit, I dunno—I've only seen a handful of episodes.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 8:08pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Leaving aside whether you like that message—I don't care for it, but I can appreciate its appeal—it's just not a TZ theme. Maybe The Outer Limits did that shit, I dunno—I've only seen a handful of episodes.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 8:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 8:08pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I resent the idea that I could manage a cracker factory!