The Bold Statements Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Bold Statements Thread

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 11:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 7:06pm
Covid destroyed our boldness. :sad:
Now that is a bold statement!
Hello,

Many weren't that bold before Covid.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I haven't listened to The Clash in probably a year. Is that bold enough?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mimi wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 10:03am
What is "The Clash" ?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 10:05am
Mimi wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 10:03am
What is "The Clash" ?
Now, that's bold.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I turned on the radio to NPR on my drive to work this morning. Instead of news I got a special edition of NPR felates the royal family. I quickly hit the scan button and each time I did I got various horrible music, with the last two times beimg Sting and Eric Clapton. I turned off the radio and exclaimed loudly for all to hear (basically just me) "I HATE MUSIC".

Is that bold?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 10:18am
I turned on the radio to NPR on my drive to work this morning. Instead of news I got a special edition of NPR felates the royal family. I quickly hit the scan button and each time I did I got various horrible music, with the last two times beimg Sting and Eric Clapton. I turned off the radio and exclaimed loudly for all to hear (basically just me) "I HATE MUSIC".

Is that bold?
This is why it's vital to have your own music with you. It's like a condom for your ears and brain!
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:

Is that bold?
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 11:01am
revbob wrote:

Is that bold?
This is why it's vital to have your own music with you. It's like a condom for your ears and brain!
Hello,

I seldom listen to music on the radio. Why would I let someone else pick music for me? They'll probably get it wrong.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 11:17am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Is that bold?
Hello,

I seldom listen to music on the radio. Why would I let someone else pick music for me? They'll probably get it wrong.
That's my position, too. The only radio station I listen to—internet-based—is DKFM, which is all shoegaze. That kind of genre-based radio ups the likelihood that you won't be pissed off.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 11:15am
revbob wrote:

Is that bold?
Bang on time and true to form Sparky arrives! ;) :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 12:29pm
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:

Is that bold?
I'm all over the low hanging fruit!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 3:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 12:29pm
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:

Is that bold?
I'm all over the low hanging fruit!
Gotta take them easy pickings when on offer. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 11:17am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Is that bold?
Hello,

So the first reason is it was a reflexive action in this case. People fawning over the plight of those poor royals sends me into a murderous rage a la Phil Collins music. And then each subsequent station scan was a reaction to the horrible music being played.

I also still have a love for radio and what its meant in my life and what a great medium it can be. Radio is what turned me on to a lot of the music that I listened to for nearly the first 30 years of my life. I grew up in an environment rich in noncommercial radio options and it was great. I also did college radio for a good 8 years and loved it. It was great to get feedback from people who loved what I was playing.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I guess radio isn't as vital a medium for sourcing new music since the advance of new media, but it remains a central focal point of my life. I go to sleep to the radio, i wake up to it, work to it; it's a familiar and comforting soundtrack to me for up to half my day. Musically, I'm not too demanding, perfectly willing to accept a certain amount of mediocrity for the rare unexpected gem i know will be popping up sooner rather than later.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The only time I'm exposed to proper radio is in the car. I don't drive, so The Boss controls the radio, which means I get exposed to everything that pushes revbob to spree-killer status. I either suffer in silence or go into snark mode.