Oh Canada!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Oh Canada!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 11:31am
Top QAnon influencer declares herself 'Leader of the World' during event at campground parking lot. :lol:

https://www.rawstory.com/romana-didulo-queen-of-world/
Local gal makes good. :approve:
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 11:34am
Sparky wrote:
Top QAnon influencer declares herself 'Leader of the World' during event at campground parking lot. :lol:

I don't know which is funnier, a political press conference held in an adult book store parking lot or an RV at a campground.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 11:34am
Sparky wrote:

I don't know which is funnier, a political press conference held in an adult book store parking lot or an RV at a campground.
Don't seek to appreciate them in terms of hierarchy, but as part of a vast, wonderful continuum.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 9:11am

Ya kinda haveta be Canadian and familiar with the Hinterland Who's Who spots that used to run a lot on CBC—little nature PSAs—to get the joke here.
Three misuses of the apostrophe = fail.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 4:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Ya kinda haveta be Canadian and familiar with the Hinterland Who's Who spots that used to run a lot on CBC—little nature PSAs—to get the joke here.
Mocking clownvoy people trumps all errors. Consult your rulebook.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 5:14pm
Spiff wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

So says the professor who consistently spells 'through' as 'thru' ... :twitch:
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 5:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

:lol: Casual writing, mon ami. Different contexts, different standards.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 5:52pm
Spiff wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 5:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

:lol: Casual writing, mon ami. Different contexts, different standards.
lol
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I hadn't seen any posts from Doc yet today, I wonder if this outage is affecting his service?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ou ... li=BBnb7Kz

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 9:00am
I hadn't seen any posts from Doc yet today, I wonder if this outage is affecting his service?

Yup, we got fucked yesterday (Rogers: Regular Outages Guaranteed, Expect Rotten Service). We went on campus briefly and were able to check mail and the like. We got cell service back around 11.30 pm and internet sometime this morning (I had to reset the router, so I don't know when it actually came back). This is a damned good example of why internet service should either be nationalized or greater competition introduced (my preference is the former, but the latter would be better than the private oligopoly we have in Canada).

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 9:33am
Sparky wrote:

Yup, we got fucked yesterday (Rogers: Regular Outages Guaranteed, Expect Rotten Service). We went on campus briefly and were able to check mail and the like. We got cell service back around 11.30 pm and internet sometime this morning (I had to reset the router, so I don't know when it actually came back). This is a damned good example of why internet service should either be nationalized or greater competition introduced (my preference is the former, but the latter would be better than the private oligopoly we have in Canada).
Where we live internet service is a borderline monopoly based on what company has infrastructure in your area. From what we've seen, our only choices are Spectrum CATV or Frontier FIOS and we've tried both, cost is about the same, but Frontier has proven to be more reliable.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 10:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 9:33am
Sparky wrote:

Where we live internet service is a borderline monopoly based on what company has infrastructure in your area. From what we've seen, our only choices are Spectrum CATV or Frontier FIOS and we've tried both, cost is about the same, but Frontier has proven to be more reliable.
The best service we ever had was in Saskatchewan and SaskTel, the government-run phone company. Huh. The best part of the Rogers outage is that they're currently seeking approval to buyout the 3rd or 4th biggest provider. I doubt this will affect matters one iota as our governments, Liberal or Conservative, are still in thrall of mergers.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

I have a special Canada eh-related thing to share with anyone interested. Back in 1982, there was a lunchtime live broadcast by the local FM radio station on Long Island featuring those two loveable hosers, Bob and Doug MacKenzie. I was home that day, it was late springtime or very early summer and I was slacking lol so I threw a tape in the cassette deck and recorded it. They didn't appear to have any material planned (lol) but its an interesting thing. Well, one day I was listening to it in the car and the tape got eaten. By the time I was able to extract it, some tape got ruined and I had no choice but to splice it as that was my only copy. So I apologize for the gap, nothing I could do about it 20 years later. I digitized it back in 2002 I think and I didn't know about FLAC at that time, so its a low bitrate MP3 but it sounds decent. I have never encountered another copy of this anywhere on these internets that didn't come from my tape but to be fair i've not tried to find another copy since about 2005 or so. lol. But if you want it, here it is.
Oh Canada indeed.

https://mega.nz/file/Og0EBawB#Tq-ITsFcm ... fqYYK2x5Og
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 12:34am
I have a special Canada eh-related thing to share with anyone interested. Back in 1982, there was a lunchtime live broadcast by the local FM radio station on Long Island featuring those two loveable hosers, Bob and Doug MacKenzie. I was home that day, it was late springtime or very early summer and I was slacking lol so I threw a tape in the cassette deck and recorded it. They didn't appear to have any material planned (lol) but its an interesting thing. Well, one day I was listening to it in the car and the tape got eaten. By the time I was able to extract it, some tape got ruined and I had no choice but to splice it as that was my only copy. So I apologize for the gap, nothing I could do about it 20 years later. I digitized it back in 2002 I think and I didn't know about FLAC at that time, so its a low bitrate MP3 but it sounds decent. I have never encountered another copy of this anywhere on these internets that didn't come from my tape but to be fair i've not tried to find another copy since about 2005 or so. lol. But if you want it, here it is.
Oh Canada indeed.

https://mega.nz/file/Og0EBawB#Tq-ITsFcm ... fqYYK2x5Og
Thanks, man! I loved Bob and Doug (and SCTV) back in the day and still do.

Fun fact: Back during the height of Bob and Doug's fame, my school had a Call of the Great White North (you know, the coo-loo-coo-coo thing) and I got second place. Pretty much everyone thought I should have won, but they gave it to a runt who couldn't reach the microphone, which made people laugh. Show business is bullshit.