Oh Canada!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Oh Canada!

Post by revbob »

Canadian mogul fined after getting Covid vaccine meant for Indigenous residents.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... dney-baker
The Bakers were both charged under the territory’s Civil Emergency Measures Act, which carries a maximum fine of C$500 ($392) plus a C$75 surcharge, six months in jail, or both.
Its nice to know Canadians can be just as awful as their southern neighbors

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 12:23pm
Canadian mogul fined after getting Covid vaccine meant for Indigenous residents.

The Bakers were both charged under the territory’s Civil Emergency Measures Act, which carries a maximum fine of C$500 ($392) plus a C$75 surcharge, six months in jail, or both.
Part of a long tradition of white people fucking over indigenous people with infectious diseases.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 2:03pm
revbob wrote:

Part of a long tradition of white people fucking over indigenous people with infectious diseases.
Hello,

So, I can get a vaccine in Canada for $467?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Obviously in this case the jail time would hurt more. Would love to see that happen

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 2:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Obviously in this case the jail time would hurt more. Would love to see that happen
Canada has a long tradition of looking the other way when indigenous people are victimized. If the net result isn't a Yukon native somehow getting arrested, it'll be a victory.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 12:45pm
To be authentic, chunks of the ceiling regularly break free.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A Canadian peculiarity that Chretien's conduct is recalled so fondly, even celebrated, mainly because of the personality of the man. There's a part of him that never lost the tough, working-class kid about him. I think the sense of him being authentic there is what amuses.
https://nationalpost.com/news/its-been- ... -protester

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 2:13pm
A Canadian peculiarity that Chretien's conduct is recalled so fondly, even celebrated, mainly because of the personality of the man. There's a part of him that never lost the tough, working-class kid about him. I think the sense of him being authentic there is what amuses.
Yeah I remember this couldn't recall the setup though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 2:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I didn't realize it was next door in Gatineau. I thought it happened deep in separatist Quebec. Tho I don't doubt he would have done it even in a more hostile crowd.

I remember an episode of 22 Minutes where I think Rick Mercer and camera crew burst in on a banquet where Chretien was speaking to present him with an award (I can't remember what, but it wasn't complimentary). Chretien, without missing a beat, accepted it and thanked his parents, his wife, etc etc. There's plenty to reject about his politics and administration, but there was a down-to-earth aspect about the man that was very winning. In terms of personality, he's been the best PM of my lifetime.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 3:02pm
revbob wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 2:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I didn't realize it was next door in Gatineau. I thought it happened deep in separatist Quebec. Tho I don't doubt he would have done it even in a more hostile crowd.

I remember an episode of 22 Minutes where I think Rick Mercer and camera crew burst in on a banquet where Chretien was speaking to present him with an award (I can't remember what, but it wasn't complimentary). Chretien, without missing a beat, accepted it and thanked his parents, his wife, etc etc. There's plenty to reject about his politics and administration, but there was a down-to-earth aspect about the man that was very winning. In terms of personality, he's been the best PM of my lifetime.
Yeah there was something genuine about him for sure.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 9:13pm
What was Tep doing in Winnepeg?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 3:34am
Almost certainly wearing a Saskatchewan Roughriders shirt (it's the right shade of green). And has firm opinions about indigenous people and the carbon tax.