The Wild Outdoors

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

The Wild Outdoors

Post by Rat Patrol »

5 mins ago @ my humble abode. . .

Blue Jay spotted on the tree branch right outside the window next to this desk from which I am typing. Don't get many of those right here on the coast. It hops up a couple more branches out of view.

. . .followed by:
This pants-shitting 100 dB sound coming from the upstairs balcony a literal 4 ft. above the window.

. . .followed by:
Fast-moving shadow the size of a small airplane blotting out the sun across the building next door.

. . .followed by:
Silence.

. . .followed by:
Light rain of Blue Jay feathers falling from the sky past the window.

I'm scared to leave the building. :wtf:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Wild Outdoors

Post by Kory »

Holy shit.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Put a grand on TOR to win 2017 WS
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Kory wrote:Holy shit.
If it's any consolation, Blue Jays are kinda asshole birds that are obnoxiously loud and like to intimidate things smaller/weaker than itself. It probably had it coming. :shifty:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I can vouch from experience, blue jays are real peckerheads. I watched one completely harass and attack another kid in my neighborhood for no fucking reason other than he was walking by.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:I can vouch from experience, blue jays are real peckerheads. I watched one completely harass and attack another kid in my neighborhood for no fucking reason other than he was walking by.
Long overdue justice for millions of kids throwing rocks at birds, I'd wager.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:I can vouch from experience, blue jays are real peckerheads. I watched one completely harass and attack another kid in my neighborhood for no fucking reason other than he was walking by.
Long overdue justice for millions of kids throwing rocks at birds, I'd wager.
Well well well...the resident board apologist for dickish corvids finally tears off the cloak and reveals himself! :naughty:

I always suspected as much.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Rat Patrol wrote:
If it's any consolation, Blue Jays are kinda asshole birds that are obnoxiously loud and like to intimidate things smaller/weaker than itself. It probably had it coming. :shifty:
This is very true. Now if we could get so.e hawks to go after the squirrels in my yard that would be soecial. There was on a year or so ago hanging around but it probably had its eye on the neighbors chickens.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

revbob wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
This is very true. Now if we could get so.e hawks to go after the squirrels in my yard that would be soecial. There was on a year or so ago hanging around but it probably had its eye on the neighbors chickens.
The raptors all moved to the city where the vermin is a lot slower and more obese from eating our garbage. The red tail hawk and peregrine falcon population has exploded here, right straight into downtown amid the skyscrapers. Not unusual to see an extremely violent and bloody pigeon kill happen on a sidewalk full of 100 people waiting for the bus. They ain't scared of human proximity.

So far the biggest stripped carcass wildlife officials have seen outside the nests are a feral cat or two. Haven't graduated to dog or human baby...yet. :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Rat Patrol wrote:
revbob wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
The raptors all moved to the city where the vermin is a lot slower and more obese from eating our garbage. The red tail hawk and peregrine falcon population has exploded here, right straight into downtown amid the skyscrapers. Not unusual to see an extremely violent and bloody pigeon kill happen on a sidewalk full of 100 people waiting for the bus. They ain't scared of human proximity.

So far the biggest stripped carcass wildlife officials have seen outside the nests are a feral cat or two. Haven't graduated to dog or human baby...yet. :shifty:
Yeah that probably explains why the don't bother with the squirrels, chickens are an easier target.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Yeah, there was a red-tail that used to feast on the pigeons right above the busiest part of the busiest pedestrian street in Charleston without giving a damn.

One of our neighbors dogs has a scar from where a hawk tried to scoop her up right off the leash while she was being walked.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Rat Patrol wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 8:30pm
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/01/world/gi ... index.html